Brewer Fanatic

June Predictions

GoudaBrew

The month starts in less than an hour, but what-the-hey, let's get some predictions in.

I'm optimistic about the month of June. We've got 13 home games (including 3 interleague series') and 13 road games.

1 vs. HOU

3 vs. ARI

3 at COL

3 at HOU

3 vs. MIN

3 vs. TOR

3 vs. BAL

3 at ATL

3 at MIN

1 at ARI

I predict we go 15-11. This includes completing the sweep today, and winning every series except for the TOR series, the ATL series, and the road MIN series.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We better win the Minnesota series. I'm not sitting in the pile o' crap Metrodome to watch us lose all weekend.

I'll say 17-9. Forever an optimist http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

I agree that 15-11 seems realistic. However, to have any sort of a shot this year I think the team needs to go 18-8.

I don't think it's that dire. If the Cubs have a below average month, say 12-15, the Brewers could be right back in it. The Cubs finally do have some road games this month -- 17 of the 27 in fact, so I'd say about 12 wins wouldn't be a stretch. They have to slump sometime, right?

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

The Cubs are the luckiest team on this planet! What are the percentages of winning a game when down 8-0 in the 6th? I would guess less that 0.5% but yet they still find a way to do it. I think they trailed late in every game to the Dodgers this week as well yet came back and won them all. I would hope the law of averages would catch up to them at some point but I am not sure if we will be that lucky. We may need to concentrate on getting the WC.

1 vs. HOU

1 vs. ARI

3 at COL

2 at HOU

2 vs. MIN

2 vs. TOR

2 vs. BAL

1 at ATL

2at MIN

0 at ARI

I have us down for 16 wins.. i think this schedule is good for a big month. I really thing we should do well with interleague play. I am hoping that there maybe a couple sweeps in this month also..

3 @ Colorado? As optimistic as I would like to be we always get crushed in Colorado for some reason.

The month starts in less than an hour, but what-the-hey, let's get some predictions in.

I'm optimistic about the month of June. We've got 13 home games (including 3 interleague series') and 13 road games.

1 vs. HOU

3 vs. ARI

3 at COL

3 at HOU

3 vs. MIN

3 vs. TOR

3 vs. BAL

3 at ATL

3 at MIN

1 at ARI

I predict we go 15-11. This includes completing the sweep today, and winning every series except for the TOR series, the ATL series, and the road MIN series.

I say June is gonna be a good month for the Crew. 17-9 for the month.

One Stop Shop For Cell Phone Accessories. Like US On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MR-Wireless/233579846693356

The thing is its weird to predict. Right now on paper you say we should sweep the Orioles, but it always seems we struggle against bad teams from the AL. Hopefully we can fix that. I remember us being terrible against the Devil Rays, and the Royals in the past couple of seasons.

I would like to predict that the Cubs are gonna be 10 games under .500 this month but unfortunately I don't think that is gonna happen. The Astros maybe, but the Cubs seem to have some form of luck on their side again this year.

The thing is its weird to predict. Right now on paper you say we should sweep the Orioles, but it always seems we struggle against bad teams from the AL.

If you think that the Brewers should expect the sweep against a below average team, I can see how you are regularly disappointed. Baltimore hasn't even been that bad this year. The Brewers had a worse record a week ago.

Never expect a sweep or to get swept in a 3 game series. It's simple math. You have to think that one team has an 80% or better chance of winning every game to make the sweep the likely outcome.

I would like to predict that the Cubs are gonna be 10 games under .500 this month but unfortunately I don't think that is gonna happen. The Astros maybe, but the Cubs seem to have some form of luck on their side again this year.

It has more to do with talent than anything else. The Cubs are a good team, the Astros aren't. If there's any team playing way over their heads, it's the Cardinals. I expect a below .500 month from them.

16-12 and the Cubs go 13-14.

The Scrubbies are on the road a lot and have to play the dreaded west coast swing at San Diego and LA. They also have to play the Blue Jays (as do we), the Rays (leading the AL East), the White Sox (leading the AL Central) and against Atlanta (albeit at Wrigley). I think the Scrubs come back to Earth a little bit in June. Feasting on the bottom feeders of the league (Nationals, Rockies, Pirates, etc) has been easy pickings in April in May. Especially since they played 99% of their games at home....ok, maybe that was a stretch, but didn't it SEEM like 99%?

Think about this: the Cubs have 8 losses at home this year - we're responsible for half of those losses. Yowza.

GO CREW.

Think about this: the Cubs have 8 losses at home this year - we're responsible for half of those losses. Yowza.

That's awesome. I'd forgotten that. Right now, our head-to-head success with the Cubs is a huge asset, and I'd imagine it's going to play a large role in terms of how the season shakes out in October.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

TooLiveBrew wrote:

Right now, our head-to-head success with the Cubs is a huge asset, and I'd imagine it's going to play a large role in terms of how the season shakes out in October.

Only if it continues, which I hope it does. The best way to catch them is to beat them head to head.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived