Brewer Fanatic

Cheap/Free Summerfest tickets?

Sixtofan

Hello,

I have not been to Summerfest since leaving Wisconsin 10+ years ago but would like to attend this year as we will be in Milwaukee for a Brewers game in early July. Is there any place to get free or really cheap tix for summerfest? I'd like to my kids but don't want to spend a fortune. Thanks for your help!

if you enter before 4 monday-friday, it is only $8 a person...about half price. if your kids are 10 and under, they are only $3.

there is also some sort of promotion with the brewers and summerfest...cant remember the details

If if you go Monday, June 30th, admission is free from noon-3pm as it is Children's Fest Day. There are also discounted food items during the same time span at every food vendor on the grounds that day, making it an especially family friendly day to go.

Also, every day other than Children's Fest Day there is a special admission promotion. Summerfest's website is flash-based, so I can't link to a specific page (at least as far as I know), but here is the copy of those promotions copied & pasted:

--------------------

Thursday, June 26 is Johnson Controls Stomp Out Hunger Day. All patrons arriving between Noon and 3:00 pm who donate three non-perishable food items will receive one free admission ticket. Donations will be accepted at the Mid-Gate promotions tent as well as the North Gate. All donations will benefit the Hunger Task Force.

Friday, June 27 is Cedar Crest Day. The first 1,500 patrons will receive one free admission ticket at the Mid-Gate promotions booth when they turn in: two pint lids, one quart lid or one 48 oz. lid of Cedar Crest ice cream or sherbet. Cedar Crest products may be purchased at Wisconsin Sentry, Festival Foods, Woodman's and most independent grocery stores (Sendiks, Graschs, Repenas, Lenas, etc.) and Wal-Mart. Also, don?t miss Cedar Crest?s special family presentation of ?Smart Pops? (Frog Spit Lemon-Lime, Cherry and Blue Raspberry) in the Children's PlayZone including special games and contests between Noon and 3:00 pm. Smart Pop samples will be provided.

Saturday, June 28 is M&I Classic Rock Rewards Day. The first 1,000 M&I Bank customers showing a valid M&I Rewards Check Card, Rewards Credit Card or Rewards Equity Card will receive one free admission ticket.

Sunday, June 29 is Johnson Controls Goes Green at Summerfest Day. The first 1,500 patrons presenting a receipt along with identifiable product packaging of a multi-pack Compact Fluorescent Light Bulb (CFL) will be granted one free admission ticket. The receipts must be dated between June 1 and June 29, 2008, and no copies or handwritten receipts will be accepted. Any CFL Bulb brand will be accepted.

Dean's Milk & Ice Cream, Sentry Foods and TODAY'S TMJ4 Children's Fest Day is Monday, June 30. All patrons arriving between Noon and 3:00 pm will be admitted free! Spend a fun-filled day with the family enjoying free Children's Fest activities including the Map of Fun and Family Ticket Package giveaways at 3:15 pm at the Sentry SportsZone. Select food vendors will offer discounts on food & beverage items. Stop by the Dean's Milk & Ice Cream truck next to the Elizabeth ?Bo? Black Children's Fountain and purchase a Dean?s Milk Chug to benefit Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.

Tuesday, July 1 is Northwestern Mutual Day. The first 1,500 patrons who donate any new, indoor children's toy, art supplies or children's G or PG rated DVD movie with a $5.00 minimum value will receive one free admission ticket. All items must be new with original tags attached and/or original packaging. All items collected will be used throughout the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin System.

Wednesday, July 2 is Milwaukee Journal Sentinel PressCard Day. All patrons who present a valid Milwaukee Journal Sentinel PressCard will receive one free admission ticket. One admission per card.

Pick 'n Save / Kimberly-Clark Food Drive Day is Thursday, July 3. Starting June 12, Pick 'n Save customers who purchase three participating Kimberly-Clark products (i.e. Kleenex, Cottenelle, Scott, Huggies Diapers or Pull-Ups) using their Pick 'n Save savings card will receive a checkout values coupon. The first 2,000 customers who show the coupon and donate three non-perishable Roundy's brand items will receive one free admission ticket. No copies of coupons will be accepted. All donations will benefit the Salvation Army.

H.O.G.® Day will also take place on Thursday, July 3. Patrons will receive one free admission ticket when presenting a valid H.O.G.® (Harley Owners Group®) card at the tent located on the northwest corner of Chicago Street and Harbor Drive. One admission per card.

Friday, July 4 is Malt-O-Meal Day. The first 1,500 patrons will receive one free admission ticket when presenting an original receipt from any Wisconsin grocer that specifies the purchase of any two Malt-O-Meal Bag Cereals 6 oz. or larger. Receipt must be dated between June 26 and July 4, 2008. No copies or handwritten receipts will be accepted.

Saturday, July 5 is CBS 58 Milwaukee / MDA Day.The first 1,500 patrons contributing $5 or more to the Muscular Dystrophy Association will receive one free admission ticket.

Sunday, July 6 is We Energies Free Admission Day. All patrons attending Summerfest on the final Sunday between Noon and 3:00 pm will receive free admission compliments of We Energies!

DISCOUNT ADMISSION PROMOTIONS:

Monday, June 30 through Thursday, July 3 is Time Warner Cable's weekday discount promotion. Receive $3 off an $8 weekday admission ticket when presenting your Time Warner Cable Summerfest bill stuffer at any ticket window.

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Newspaper Coupon Day is Wednesday, July 2. Receive $6 off an $8 weekday admission ticket when presenting an original 2008 Summerfest coupon from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel at any ticket window. Copies of coupon will not be accepted. One admission per coupon, per person.

Wednesday, July 2 is also Wisconsin Lottery Discount Day. Present a non-winning Wisconsin Lottery Summerfest scratch ticket and receive $3 off an $8 weekday admission ticket at any window.

Archived