Brewer Fanatic

3/26/07 Brewers (Vargas) @ D'Backs (Gonzalez): 3:05 PM CST

wOOgiE22

Brewer Fanatic Staff

www.nashvillesounds.com/n...ewsId=2217

Sounds To Broadcast Spring Training Games

Nashville Sounds play-by-play announcer Chuck Valenches will broadcast a pair of Milwaukee Brewers spring training games locally on Sports Radio 560 AM during the final week of preseason action in Arizona.

The first game on the slate is a matchup in Tucson, Ariz. between the Brewers and Arizona Diamondbacks on Monday, March 26. The tape-delayed contest will air on 560 AM at 6 p.m.

The second spring tilt will feature a Brewers home game against the Oakland Athletics on Tuesday, March 27. The tape-delayed game will air on 560 AM at 7 p.m.

Several former Sounds are currently participating in the Brewers? Major League spring training games, including first baseman Prince Fielder; second baseman Rickie Weeks; shortstop Ozzie Chavez; utilityman Vinny Rottino; outfielders Tony Gwynn, Jr., Corey Hart, and Laynce Nix; catcher Mike Rivera; and pitchers Jose Capellan, Zach Jackson, Mike Meyers, Corey Thurman, and Carlos Villanueva.

The Sounds open the 2007 regular season on Thursday, April 5 at Greer Stadium, when the club heads into action in a 7 p.m. contest against the New Orleans Zephyrs.

Pretty cool opportunity for Chuck, I wonder if this is what you'll hear on the webcast today. For those of you who have never followed a Link Report link to a Sounds' broadcast, Chuck has major league pipes and does a great job.

The station does stream (and has a pic of some pretty girls on their home page), so if you'd like check out Chuck via the link below at 6:00 PM Central Monday and 7:00 Central Tuesday.

www.wnsr.com/

Boy I hope gameday isn't this slow come opening day!

So it's not just me? At home yesterday I figured it was our glacial dial-up. But I'm not using dialup right now and it'll stay put for a long time, then jump ahead like a half inning.

The Gameday window is titled "Gameday 2006"...maybe it's a year behind?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote:
So it's not just me? At home yesterday I figured it was our glacial dial-up. But I'm not using dialup right now and it'll stay put for a long time, then jump ahead like a half inning.

The Gameday window is titled "Gameday 2006"...maybe it's a year behind?

It seems to me like they've been doing a half inning at a time. Seeing as they don't even link to the gameday during the game, I think they're just working out the kinks or training new stat recorders and everything will be normal come opening day (fingers crossed)

Archived