Brewer Fanatic

5/30/08 Astros (Backe) at Brewers (Parra): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
I really like Villy has the 7-8 inning guy on this team right now. He seems like a good guy to bridge the gap to the closer.
As we found out last year though, you need more than one guy who can do that.

If the SPs can keep going 6/7 innings there will be less stress on the pen, last year that did not happen.

I think Mota still can do that job, Riske when healthy, and still have Shouse for lefties. I think Torres should stay the man till he proves otherwise. Gagne could help still if he gets healthy and proves himself.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have always pronounced it "See-sil."

Me too. That clearly means TLB is wrong and should be suspended from posting for a week. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Sorry, TLB, I've only heard "see-sil" for Coop, and I heard it a lot in the 1980s.

How novel it is for the Brewers to lead from essentially pole to pole. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif We weren't planning to go to this game, but I'm glad we did.

As a bonus, the S.O. caught a foul ball that Hunter Pence sent back into the loge section to lead off the Houston 4th. It popped over the net, bounced off someone else in our loge section and the S.O. made a nice barehanded snag. Unfortunately, we have no idea if it was shown on TV or mentioned on the radio.

(I prefer to think of it as a ball thrown by Manny Parra.)

And that home run of Prince's? It took me right back to last season, it was such a no-doubter. He may have misplaced his timing or his groove, but no one who has lost his power could drive a ball like that.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I missed all of the game. But that line for Manny Parra sure looked good. Isn't it crazy how good he can be? Just has to be more consistent and he could be a special LHP. Mr. Braun what can I say? 4-4, well done. Let's get that average above .300 today. Benny, lets wrap up a series win today and get Bush ready for a sweep Sunday.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I'm going to be honest, I have a feeling that Parra is going to be special. Yeah, he got a late start at the majors, and he's not as young as some guys, but you just don't get a lefty who can hit 95-96 on the radar gun consistently. If he can mature enough and get control of his pitches, he's going to be a force to rekon with in the NL Central for many years to come.

I'm going to be honest, I have a feeling that Parra is going to be special. Yeah, he got a late start at the majors, and he's not as young as some guys, but you just don't get a lefty who can hit 95-96 on the radar gun consistently. If he can mature enough and get control of his pitches, he's going to be a force to rekon with in the NL Central for many years to come.

Manny's still got somewhat of a "young arm" because of the time he's missed, though. I think if Manny can consistently get a first-pitch breaking ball in for a strike, he's gonna be a good one.

Archived