Brewer Fanatic

Longest HR at Miller Park (Reply 30: FSN censors Branyans raw power! Is there a Houston feed?)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BA said the Dunn Dew Deck HR is 'recorded' at 455 feet (as opposed to 464'). Rock indicated that he felt that was a load of crap, which matches up with what other posters have said about the Dunn HR.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

BA said the Dunn Dew Deck HR is 'recorded' at 455 feet (as opposed to 464'). Rock indicated that he felt that was a load of crap, which matches up with what other posters have said about the Dunn HR.

I was there for the Dunn home run, too. Not a chance in hell that it was only 455 feet. Then again, that whole game was the worst baseball that I've seen the Brewers play since the last years of County Stadium, so it's quite likely that Dunn's homer just felt like it went about 600 feet http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

To be fair to FSN, it was really sunny in RF at the time and it was probably hard to see the ball with the glare. They didn't catch Prince's 2nd deck shot either. Uecker said Branyan's landed in the Dew Deck.

???? I was behind the Astros dugout looking directly at the home run. There was no "glare" at all. It was just another screwup by FSN.

I think Russell's Saturday night blast warrants a copy-and-paste of TooLiveBrew's haiku from the Branyan called up thread:

The Muscle returns
Milwaukee cheers once again
bat and ball are one

With all due respect to Bill Hall (and I believe he is due some respect), I'd have been disappointed to see the Brewers facing a lefty today. I want a chance to see a Branyan monster blast.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I was at the game sitting on Club Level on the 3rd base side. Branyan's home run from my perspective looked like it almost hit the concession stand at the top of the Dew Deck.

I was also at the Maddux game where Branyan hit that moster shot - at that game I was sitting in the Terrace Level close to the foul pole on the 1st base side near the front row. I swear Branyan's I was still looking up at the shot as it travelled past us THAT FAR back. Unbelievable shot.

I can't believe FSN/WMLW missed today's homerun.

I was at the game directly across from the Dew Deck. It looked as if it landed in the first row, maybe the second, but not any further than that. Very impressive. I was there for his shot in 2005 on Opening Day too and I never thought that I would see a homer that would rival that live ever again. I was wrong.

Q: Is Russell the Muscle a widespread nickname for Branyan? That didn't originate at BF.net, did it?
No, I think that's a common nickname for people named Russell, though rluz could shed more light on that. There are a bunch of radio DJ's nicknamed Russell the Love Muscle.

Q: Is Russell the Muscle a widespread nickname for Branyan? That didn't originate at BF.net, did it?
No, I think that's a common nickname for people named Russell, though rluz could shed more light on that. There are a bunch of radio DJ's nicknamed Russell the Love Muscle.

I was wondering because Powell called him that on his HR call today.

I think Joe's right, it's one of those slam dunk nicknames for a guy with a certain name, like "Kurt the Hurt", "Nasty Nate" or "Big John Stud". I'm sure there's an origin somewhere, but it pre-dates this site and his career. Still, the name doesn't just fit because it rhymes with his name, but because his power is str8 dope.

No, I think that's a common nickname for people named Russell, though rluz could shed more light on that.

For whatever reason, the name "Russell" seems to inspire many nicknames, with "Russell the Muscle" being the most popular. Some others:

Russell the Love Muscle

Russell Brussel Sprouts

Pu-ssy Russy

Rusty

Rusty Jones

Rosco

Rosco P. Coltrane

This was the beginning of my personal WOAS:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/9622/imgb20.jpg

Uecker just said that Prince's HR tonight was measured at 445'. Are you serious? And Branyan's was ONLY 465'?!?! (or whatever it was) Um. . . . . yeah. Somebody needs to go and re-measure these.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived