Brewer Fanatic

Longest HR at Miller Park (Reply 30: FSN censors Branyans raw power! Is there a Houston feed?)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hittracker measures it at only 400. It seemed like more than that to me too. Interestingly enough, the Braun homer off Papelbon earlier that day that anded in the 2nd row of the monster was measure at 399. That ball got out in about 1.5 seconds.

I could see the Braun homer traveling almost as far as Hart's because of trajectory - you're right, Braun's got out in about 1.5 seconds and was just cresting when it got to the wall; I don't think I've ever seen HRs that were not starting to come down yet until Hart's and Braun's in the Boston series. The monster is a short porch though so it could be deceiving. But Hart's was up in the lights. I've never seen that before.

I would love to SEE the Branyan shot (thanks FSN) as soon as it is somewhere, I would love a link or something

Houston feed? Would they put that clip up?

Certainly there is a video crew that follows him around (making an eventual Oscar winning documentary), they must have got it!

I would settle with just knowing how many rows deep it went, Dunn's was 2 rows deep.

Mickey - the FSN crew scanned the second deck looking for the ball. You never saw where it landed. It was pretty pathetic.

I think it went out of the park. I was watching it from the 3rd base line and lost it once it went near the second deck. I believe it went out of the park. I believe they said it went 464 at the park.

To be fair to FSN, it was really sunny in RF at the time and it was probably hard to see the ball with the glare. They didn't catch Prince's 2nd deck shot either. Uecker said Branyan's landed in the Dew Deck.

I was at the game sitting on Club Level on the 3rd base side. Branyan's home run from my perspective looked like it almost hit the concession stand at the top of the Dew Deck.

I was also at the Maddux game where Branyan hit that moster shot - at that game I was sitting in the Terrace Level close to the foul pole on the 1st base side near the front row. I swear Branyan's I was still looking up at the shot as it travelled past us THAT FAR back. Unbelievable shot.

I can't believe FSN/WMLW missed today's homerun.

That few seconds tonight was why Russell Branyan rules. It's as simple as seeing that sweet swing connect and instantly shouting out a string of profanities.

I thought this was what the title of the thread was referring to.

Branyan should buy FIPS season tickets.

That few seconds tonight was why Russell Branyan rules. It's as simple as seeing that sweet swing connect and instantly shouting out a string of profanities.
Do you mean the opposite team's fans shouting profanities?

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Jim Powell said the homer was 465 feet and was tied for 3rd longest in Miller Park history. He didn't say who Russ was tied with, though.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived