Brewer Fanatic

Slumping LaPorta

As I've followed the Stars' box scores over the last few weeks I've noticed that Matt is in a bit of a prolonged rut. Does anyone have any insight as to the drought he's in? Since I don't get to see him play, I'll refrain from wild speculating and hope that someone who's seen him play will chime in or that someone with better knowledge/insight than I will do the same.

his numbers to start the season were so astronomical that it was extremely likely he would come back to earth at some point...that is likely what we are seeing...he's apparently a streaky hitter...

also, remeber when comparing him to gamel that he hasn't played a full season in the minors and he made the jump from basically rookie ball to AA without even a hitch..

No doubt, Pogo. I probably should have clarified by saying that I'm not surprised that he's slumping a bit, every player will go through it. My post wasn't really about voicing concern, moreso, it was about picking up a little insight. LaPorta has certainly zoomed through the system. I've found myself wondering whether or not this has something to do with trying to become better at hitting to all fields (as we've heard that's something he needed to work on) or if it was related to a couple of the beanings he's taken this year. If I'm not mistaken, didn't he get hit on the hand once or twice? I'm not conerned about him at all, just wondering.

Archived