Brewer Fanatic

5/29/08 Braves (Campillo) at Brewers (McClung): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So someone that saw what happened, can you describe it? Sounded like Prince got held at third and Corey over-ran 2nd somehow? so then Prince got tagged trying to sneak home or what?

Sedar had the clear stop sign on for Fielder, so Prince stopped at third like he was supposed to. Hart must've assumed that Fielder would be able to score, since he didn't look up until he was about 20 feet from third base. He basically walked into third as Prince tried to go home, but he was tagged out about halfway down the third base line.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I desperately want to find a regular spot for Gabe Kapler. Can he play third?!

According to two middle-aged men at Tuesday's game, Tony Gwynn Jr can play second, so why not Kapler at third.

I understand the double switch with Hart, but I don't like it. He's your best hitter and is 2-3 on the day.

Corey just needs to stop making the last out of the inning, so they can double switch with someone else for a change. Seems like everytime they do this, it's Corey who made the last out.

rluzinski wrote:

O come on now. We's seen other teams run into all kinds of outs already this year. Pujols had 3 in one game, didn't he? Are the Brewers worse than average? Maybe but no team doesn't look foolish at times.

Yes he did. He was picked off going on a first move, made an out going 1st to 3rd, and was doubled off. I think the Cardinals also had 2 hit and runs that went bad as well.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I'm just going to pretend that the running miscue didn't happen and Branyan's walk just loaded the bases for Hardy. Come on. Grand Slam!!!

Back to back sac flies...6-3!

Edit: I clearly didn't think that through, since the running miscue came with 2 outs. D'oh.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived