Brewer Fanatic

5/29/08 Braves (Campillo) at Brewers (McClung): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Weeks=Idiot of the year
How is that his fault? Do you have any idea how hard that throw is? Prince has to let Rickie get that and get to first to cover.

Actually I do, I played 2nd base all through my senior year in high school, and you dont just lob the throw like that, especially so the pitcher has to jump over the runnner.

That was Weeks' fault because he needs to hit McClung in stride before he gets to the base. He appeared to flip it in the air trying to time it so the ball and McClung got to the bag at the same time, which is the last thing you want to do. You need to get the pitcher the ball early so they don't have to worry about catching the ball and stepping on the bag at the same time. That was awful.

That was Weeks' fault because he needs to hit McClung in stride before he gets to the base. He appeared to flip it in the air trying to time it so the ball and McClung got to the bag at the same time, which is the last thing you want to do. You need to get the pitcher the ball early so they don't have to worry about catching the ball and stepping on the bag at the same time. That was awful.

McClung wouldn't have gotten there in time anyways. If Prince doesn't chase it and gets to 1st base right away that's an out.

If I were the hitting coach, and instructing a pitcher on what to do with nobody on base, I'd tell them to watch until they had two strikes. You're not getting a hit, and the best you can hope for is that the guy opposing you wastes extra pitches on you.

It was a bad play by all 3 players, but it started with Prince trying to go after that ball and getting too far off first base. It made Rickie hesitate a bit before getting to the ball, it made McClung hesitate because he had no idea Prince wasn't going to cover first, and Rickie hesitated again before throwing it to first. Thankfully, it only cost the Brewers one run.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Hopefully the hitters will start to see Campillo's pitches better otherwise it could be another ugly next couple innings against him.

And Jeff "I swing at everything" Francouer walks on four pitches. I pray someone is warming up right now.

Did they go back and give Hart the single just now or was it always a single and not an error as Gameday had listed?

At least we're not being no-hit in any case

It was changed later.

Archived