Brewer Fanatic

5/28/08 Braves (Reyes) at Brewers (Suppan): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Is Fox Sports South Chip Carey? That guy bugs me. He talks negative about everyone and he's always making fun of his parters. Self deprecation is better, but maybe that's because I grew up listening to Uecker.
You may run like Mays...

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and once again - for, i believe the 4th time in the series? - the dodgers have bases loaded and don't score a run. crapola.

Dodgers did score one there

i think it was before the bases were loaded or no?

nope, you were right. my bad.

still, pretty pathetic.

and once again - for, i believe the 4th time in the series? - the dodgers have bases loaded and don't score a run. crapola.

Dodgers did score one there

i think it was before the bases were loaded or no?

No Z walked a run in with the bases loaded.

Brian Anderson's job is to provide an enjoyable game experience, which might not always mean talking. I like watching games Vin Scully announces because he knows when he doesn't need to say anything.
So him being silent helps the experience? I don't mind him talking because he has useful information some of the time. If you are expecting Vin Scully then keep looking.

So him being silent helps the experience?
Sometimes, yes. And I can't "keep looking" for Vin Scully unless the Brewers hire Vin Scully to do their TV broadcasts. But I can hope BA improves his game. I don't dislike him, but he could improve.

Of course BA could improve. It's his 2nd year ever of being a play by play guy for a major league team. And by saying "keep looking" I was using a common expression that means he's not going to be an all time great announcer like Vin Scully.

What's the over/under on Chipper's BA if he finishes with 500+ AB? .350? Can someone please tell our announcing crew that?

A BABIP of .421 is totally sustainable!

Even Jones acknowledges its mostly luck,

Walk Chipper to get to a career .900 OPS player? Umm....

Come on Yost, you are usually great about not intentionally walking people.

I agreed with the move considering Chipper is more of a contact hitter and with a runner on 2nd, Chipper had a better chance at getting a base hit. If Texiera homers, it backfires, but that's about a 1/20 chance, right?

So him being silent helps the experience?
Sometimes, yes. And I can't "keep looking" for Vin Scully unless the Brewers hire Vin Scully to do their TV broadcasts. But I can hope BA improves his game. I don't dislike him, but he could improve.

Of course BA could improve. It's his 2nd year ever of being a play by play guy for a major league team. And by saying "keep looking" I was using a common expression that means he's not going to be an all time great announcer like Vin Scully.

true. but he's pretty vanilla. he could improve by loosening up, but i haven't seen many vanilla guys change. and that's why they are vanilla. i do like him better than sutton, though.

how about a run or 5 this inning guys? please make soup's night worth it... would keep the train running and the morale rising...

Why do all the no-name, two-bit, 5+ ERA pitchers have to pitch like Greg Maddux against the Brewers?

No idea. It is the only reason I'll have any confidence if we make the playoffs. We can win against some of the toughest pitchers in the league but can't touch Jo Jo or Nelson Figeroa. Lets hope we don't have to play the 'stros in the playoffs.
Formerly Andersoc420

Archived