Brewer Fanatic

Fixing the Milwaukee Bucks -- Latest: Mo Williams traded (reply #290)

twobrewers
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

"Id look more at his game than his skin color. "

Well said.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would say Big, White, SLOW, Americans never pan out. That doesnt appear to be Alexander. Id look more at his game than his skin color.

Even the so-called skilled ones flame out.

Also. The fact that people are bringing up Bird, Mcale, and West really proves my point. Walton was good too:)

Is it racist if I am white? And am I not patriotic because I think American players (who happen to be white) aren't any good? Come on everyone. Name some white American superstars? Preferably within the last 15 years.

oops..edit... over 6'7''

Well how many white american power forwards have been drafted in the 1st round in the last decade? Szczerbiak, Van Horn.....anyone else?

You may not want 'average' but odds are that's what a #8 will turn out to be.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Alexander isn't really a big man, he's a 3. It's pretty ridiculous to write him off because he's white. At least watch him play.

edit: just so i dont get in trouble, warning some bad language in the video

Well how many white american power forwards have been drafted in the 1st round in the last decade? Szczerbiak, Van Horn.....anyone else?

You may not want 'average' but odds are that's what a #8 will turn out to be.

Even if you take in to account every slot position they were all drafted in...99% of the time taking the white American player is the stupid thig to do. Pick 6,3, or 30. Values differs with slots. I agree. You really think Kevin Love will be a great player? I don't. Because the past has dictated he may be a marginally good player.

Obviously. "Alexander was born in Taiwan"

If that's the angle you are going with, okay. That would mean that Kobe isn't American either, yet somehow he is going to play for the US in the Olympics.

Mr. QL

-Alexander isn't really a big man, he's a 3. It's pretty ridiculous to write him off because he's white. At least watch him play.

So why did we just get Jefferson? What is his usefulness(Alex)? Too back Vill or to spell RJ?

I have watched the clips just like I have seen the clips and watched the games of Kevin Love and think he will stink. That said, I could be wrong. Very wrong.

Because we want to win now with Jefferson? Alexander was our guy all along regardless and you don't draft on need. He's a 3 that might be able to play some 4 but don't get it twisted, I think he's a SF. Not every guy we draft has to start from day 1.

Kevin Love looks to me like a more talented Brad Miller which is pretty good. (also happens to be American and a white guy) I dont think anyone on the Knicks is going to tell you how much of a stiff David Lee is. Mike Miller, Dunleavy, Nick Collisen is actually a really good player (near double-double last year)

That was a terribly closed-minded statement to make and really shows a lack of depth in basketball knowledge. With the number 8 pick, its beyond unlikely to draft an all star at that pick as well.

Rudy Gay, Channing Frye, Rafael Araujo, TJ Ford, Chris Wilcox, Diop, Jamal Crawford, Andre Miller

You've got 4 of those guys who are starters, only one of which I would consider a star (Gay) and then a bunch of guys trying to stick in the rotation. To expect Alexander to be an immediate contributor is ridiculous, but I think it's way safer to say he has a really high chance of not working out because he wasn't a top 5 pick.......

You said it Keg! Yet I am the bad guy:) Anyway. I am off to see Get Smart. I hope it's good. I will just say this...and flame away...Alexander could be a /yawn/ maybe middle of the road player. Kevin Love will be a bust.

Peace guys and can't wait for the Twinkies tomorrow!

/i hate white people

This thread is starting to make me more dumber.

Just my two cents...

The Bucks thought Alexander was the best player available. It's not like a lot of all-stars come out of the #8 spot. Even if his ceiling is 6th man, he can still be valuable to the Bucks.

I wanted Augustin. But I don't hate Alexander either.

(And getting Jefferson was highway robbery)

Chad Ford said the Bucks "had needs elsewhere". Well drafting for 'need' is what screws most teams on an annual basis. Not to mention, the draft is not the only way to shape a roster.

Best post in this thread. Can we all go back to the Bogut pick please? The Bucks had Ford and Mo (by the way I still like the Bogut pick to a degree) and they passed on Chris Paul. Pick the best guy. Also, I can't believe this thread at all. Calling out "white players" flat out isnt' cool. Calling him out and calling him a big guy like Ostertag or Reeves is a joke. Have you ever seen Alexander play? If you have, you know darn well he's nothing like those guys. And if you know the NBA draft it's a crap shoot. Go back and look at some past drafts on how bad they have been. If Alexander averages 10 ppg for his a career, it'll be solid pick. I can't believe the race card on this thread. All NBA teams should avoid white americans in the first round? I love the fact that the Bucks took in their eyes the best player on the board --- regardless of his skin color.

Can we all go back to the Bogut pick please? The Bucks had Ford and Mo (by the way I still like the Bogut pick to a degree) and they passed on Chris Paul. Pick the best guy.
Picking Bogut that year was the correct pick for the Bucks. You can't pass up a player like Bogut. Yes Paul would probably have been a better choice in hindsight. I would still have picked Bogut with that pick since good to great centers are as rare as good to great PG's.

Best post in this thread. Can we all go back to the Bogut pick please? The Bucks had Ford and Mo (by the way I still like the Bogut pick to a degree) and they passed on Chris Paul. Pick the best guy. Also, I can't believe this thread at all. Calling out "white players" flat out isnt' cool. Calling him out and calling him a big guy like Ostertag or Reeves is a joke. Have you ever seen Alexander play? If you have, you know darn well he's nothing like those guys. And if you know the NBA draft it's a crap shoot. Go back and look at some past drafts on how bad they have been. If Alexander averages 10 ppg for his a career, it'll be solid pick. I can't believe the race card on this thread. All NBA teams should avoid white americans in the first round? I love the fact that the Bucks took in their eyes the best player on the board --- regardless of his skin color.

Nobody thought Chris Paul was the best player on the day of the draft. It was either Bogut or Marvin Williams.

Archived