Brewer Fanatic

Fixing the Milwaukee Bucks -- Latest: Mo Williams traded (reply #290)

twobrewers
  • Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
If he's still on the board I think the Bucks should look at DJ White in round 2.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Joe Alexander and Richard Jefferson. Both seem like an upgrade in work ethic and attitude, but sometimes I wonder why I even pay attention to the NBA any more. Every year teams trade 4 or 5 players and 1/2 the teams fire their coaches. No one plays defense until the playoffs (which is still a mess), and the refereeing is a mess. The Association is more about "showing off" than playing hard.

Saying he will bring toughness to the Bucks (a team which if possible would have a negative toughness rating) is like saying Mike DiFelice is a better bullpen option than Julian Tavarez. It is blatantly obvious, but still not saying much.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Alexander will be a bust. Big, white Americans never pan out. This was a wasted pick. Should have gone for the best point with the biggest upside. Mo Williams is a problem for this team and it seems Skiles thinks he can fix him. HA!

"Big, white Americans never pan out."

Larry Bird

And Alexander was born in Taiwan.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

This was the only pick Chad Ford hates so far. I dont hate it as I dont like either point guard option. Bayless is a tweener and DJ doesnt play defense. He also showed the ice water in his veins when he airballed a free throw in the tourney in the final seconds.

Larry Bird

Collison, Ostertag, Reeves...many more.

He didn't play ball overseas though. He played here. He will be bad. Bird is the exception.

Not to mention, #8's in general rarely becomes stars. If Alexander has a solid career this pick is a success Think Wally Szczerbiak level of production and you won't be let down.

Awful pick. Should have taken Bayless - he was the better talent. You ain't bringing any toughness, guy. Same ol' Bucks.

I've actually heard ESPN saying he will bring toughness to the Bucks. He's not the toughest, but the guy is going to play hard which is something I'm all for.

Ostertag, Reeves...many more.

Alexander is a 3 or a 4...not a slow center. Let's face it the NBA draft is a crap shoot more or less and Alexander does have upside. I like the pick where they were picking. I was hoping they'd swing a deal with the Heat to get up to number 2 and take Beasley or Mayo, but I'll take our trade today and Alexander. And I think we do need to keep in mind that in the NBA trades are often announced after players are picked. It seems crazy that no deals have gone down in the draft so far.

Not to mention, #8's in general rarely becomes stars. If Alexander has a solid career this pick is a success Think Wally Szczerbiak level of production and you won't be let down.

I was thinking more of a Keith Van Horn type of a player. A better defender though.

I probably would of taken Bayless even if you traded him later.

I happy with Alexander though and since it was quite clear he was "our guy" I have confidence in him. I think he'll fit well with what Hammond and Skiles are trying to do. I do worry about what his place on the team will be with Dez and Ilyasova but with I like having a glut at 3 instead of being incredibly thin at it like last season.

We're certainly not done this offseason or tonight.

Chad Ford said the Bucks "had needs elsewhere". Well drafting for 'need' is what screws most teams on an annual basis. Not to mention, the draft is not the only way to shape a roster.

Wally has made 60 million dollars in his career for being an average player. I will be disapointed in that. Wally was a 6 also.

It's just a fact that white American players never really amount to jack. Wally has one all-star appearance. Whoopy. He did that when he was with KG and Marbury. Right? Could be wrong.

Larry Bird

Collison, Ostertag, Reeves...many more.

He didn't play ball overseas though. He played here. He will be bad. Bird is the exception.

That's actually not true. He played high school ball over in China and came back for his senior season so colleges would notice him.

He's nothing like those guys too being an athletic freak . Collison is a pretty good player btw.

I guess I should generalize less. There are rarely American players that are REALLY good. Not just journeyman type has been big men. It's a waste to me to pick them because they are almost always bad or just average. I don't want that. I don't want the Pollards and Parks of the world. I want a player that has more of an upside. Unfortunetly, and it sounds bad, I would never draft an American big guy. Ever!

How many of us writing our opinions actually watched Alexander play? Did you see him in the tourney?,I thought more then a few times who the bleep is this Alexander guy? Second half of the basketball season 23.9 ppg 4th best in the nation. Not bad for a white guy hey

Archived