Brewer Fanatic

Fixing the Milwaukee Bucks -- Latest: Mo Williams traded (reply #290)

twobrewers
If they go guard...Bayless would be my choice...I don't think DJ would be a bad pick. Might be high for #8. I like him better then Eric gorden, however.

Gordon would be a SG I wouldn't mind if they put him in that spot but if they put him in the PG spot it is definitely yuck.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Jefferson is only 28 (just turned last week) so while he's not a rookie, he's still got many productive years ahead of him. Solid trade.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Actually, the more I'm processing this trade. The more I love it. The Bucks got a steal in Jefferson. Yeah, it seems like he's been around forever, but he's experienced, good, and seems like a team player. I would still like to see another deal with either Mo and/or Mason and CV. One can hope.

I liked watching Love at UCLA last year, but I have a hard time believing he'll be our pick. Bayless will definitely be gone before our pick. It's really between Randolph and Alexander. I'm hoping for Randolph.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Yeah, but if we take Alexander what do we do with him? He plays the same position as Jefferson. That doesn't make any sense to me at all. I say deal Redd and the #8 to Miami for the #2 and contracts, or something along those lines. Get Beasley for PF.

Maybe work out a 3 way with Miami and another team? Just throwing it out there. Redd goes to another team, Mo goes to Miami and the Bucks get some other players back? Don't know how the numbers would work out, but just a thought.

doubt it, you'd have to move wade back to the point.

You could put Redd at SF. He is 6-6 a lousy defender though so it doesn't really matter where you put him. I doubt a Redd and the draft pick would get us the #2 pick though. Might have to throw in something else.

Yeah, but if we take Alexander what do we do with him? He plays the same position as Jefferson. That doesn't make any sense to me at all. I say deal Redd and the #8 to Miami for the #2 and contracts, or something along those lines. Get Beasley for PF.

We'd play him out of position at the 4 like we did with Yi and Villanueva, which is why I wan't to stay away from him.

I absolutely love the Richard Jefferson trade. Ship out Simmons' contract and let him sit on New Jersey's injured list all year, and let Yi go to his big market and flop. RJ's coming off one of the best years of his career so far, and he's not even 30 yet. I like this move so much that I wouldn't be against keeping Redd for another year and letting them play together. I think Bayliss would be a nice pick; basically a cheaper Mo Williams. Kevin Love would be a nice pick, too, but I doubt he'll get past Memphis at 5. I wouldn't be against Westbrook, since he seems like the kind of guy who can give you solid defense and score a decent amount. Alexander seems like a nice guy and the rare player that would want to play in Milwaukee, but I don't think he'll be much more than a solid 6th or 7th man in the NBA -- apparently a lot of people see him as the kind of guy who has all the talent in the world, but once he gets into the game, he can't seem to figure it out.

It should be interesting to see how this plays out, to say the least. Maybe they trade out of the pick and pick someone later in the first round.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

This trade is a great move for the Bucks. Yi is going to be a very solid NBA player down the road but he would never have stuck around here in Milwaukee anyways. Bobby Simmons, good riddance pal, there's one monster usless contract off the books. Now if we can just move Gadzuric and Redd or Williams soon. This is interesting to see what Hammond is going to do in the draft now. I think they should look to draft a guard or take Randolph.

As an aside, I'm not much more than a casual NBA fan, yet I've heard the phrase "Yi's handlers" dozens of times. Where did this phrase come from? Does it sound ridiculous to anyone else? Does anyone here have handlers?

Also, I'm warming up to the idea of taking Jerryd Bayless. It sounds like he has a good chance of lasting to number eight. That would allow the Bucks to trade Mo and CV for a power forward.

As an aside, I'm not much more than a casual NBA fan, yet I've heard the phrase "Yi's handlers" dozens of times. Where did this phrase come from? Does it sound ridiculous to anyone else? Does anyone here have handlers?

I think the term "handler" is the best way to translate the Chinese word for posse.

I absolutely love the Richard Jefferson trade. Ship out Simmons' contract and let him sit on New Jersey's injured list all year, and let Yi go to his big market and flop. RJ's coming off one of the best years of his career so far, and he's not even 30 yet. I like this move so much that I wouldn't be against keeping Redd for another year and letting them play together. I think Bayliss would be a nice pick; basically a cheaper Mo Williams. Kevin Love would be a nice pick, too, but I doubt he'll get past Memphis at 5. I wouldn't be against Westbrook, since he seems like the kind of guy who can give you solid defense and score a decent amount. Alexander seems like a nice guy and the rare player that would want to play in Milwaukee, but I don't think he'll be much more than a solid 6th or 7th man in the NBA -- apparently a lot of people see him as the kind of guy who has all the talent in the world, but once he gets into the game, he can't seem to figure it out.

It should be interesting to see how this plays out, to say the least. Maybe they trade out of the pick and pick someone later in the first round.

Westbrook will be long gone and I'd bet Bayless will too. Kevin Love probably will actually be around at our pick, but I wouldn't be surprised if we passed on him.

I hope it comes down to Love or Alexander. I really don't want the guy out of LSU.

As for Yi going, so long. I don't care if a guy goes for 26/10 every night (which Yi didn't do... but might someday) when he gives up 20/15 to every single guy who plays against him.

IMO, there's only one guy worth trading up for in this draft, and thats Rose.... and I don't see the Bulls trading that pick.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived