Brewer Fanatic

Fixing the Milwaukee Bucks -- Latest: Mo Williams traded (reply #290)

twobrewers
  • Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trade

I think that perimeter oriented big men like Yi really have to be dead-eye shooters to be worth the lack of rebounding/defense. While Yi may someday go on to score 25 a night I do not think he is a vital piece of any teams puzzle. Hammond is going to build around defense and while Jefferson is no defensive whiz Yi and Simmons could not play a lick of D.

Yi might be really good, but he would never have re-signed here so he'd have been really good with someone else anyway. I think this is a credit to Larry Harris for sticking to his guns and taking the best player available last year, because they'd never have been able to get RJ with Corey Brewer or Brandon Wright in the deal instead of Yi.

Anthony Randolph?

It looks like that is what is going to happen unless Love is off the board. I think it is Love or Randolph in order of preference. Randolph is a either a homer or a strike out swinging.

Hey, the JS finally has the story! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

I don't think taking Anthony Randolph jives with this move. This is a win-now move, and everyone says Randolph will need a few years to develop.

I still think at least one and most likely 2 of Williams, Redd, and Villanueva are headed out the door. If we get Love or Randolph I can't imagine us holding on to CV. I would also prefer to trade Mo and either start Ramon Sessions or trade for someone

As much as I hate to see us trade a player before he breaks out, we have to remember this is Hammonds and Skiles show now...Yi had his own handlers and coaching, so if the organization is trying to build a unified "program" (as much as an NBA franchise can) this is a step in that direction. Still need to address the backcourt situation and I'm curious to see what will happen next.

True, Steve. I'm just not so sure with CV playing the 4. I guess we have seen worse options, but with RJ and Redd a defender is needed there...as well as a guy that can play w/o having to have the ball all the time. I suppose CV could play as the 6th man...

I still see either Redd or Williams moving. Maybe not tonight, but by October.

Not a fan of Love in this situation.

I'm not so sure on Sessions yet. He did a few things @ the close of last year, but most of those games had little, if any real value. He is the right 'type' of guy for this team...just not sure he is the PG for 81 games.

I love the trade. I thought at first we must have given up a 1st to have the Nets accept it. I really hope this doesn't mean we're taking Love tonight. Yi was more of a 3 at times last year so I don't think this is a huge hole, but I'm sure it is one the Bucks will fill somehow tonight.

Jefferson will provide a defensive upgrade. He's not a great defender but he's pretty solid. If we can get Alexander in the draft we should be much improved. Jefferson and Alexander will help change the attitude of the team into something better.

So let me get this straight.... we deal Yi Jianlian, who nearly created an International Public Relations nightmare for the Bucks last year and had "some" flashes of brilliance early in the season and subsequently lost his starting position to Charlie Villanueva and Bobby Simmons, his "Ron Artest-light" personality AND his garbage contract for Richard Jefferson? If this is all true, it could be a good thing.

In my opinion, losing Yi may be tough to swallow in the future if he turns out to be a great player, but I think its in the Bucks best interest to completely clean the whole house and start over from scratch. On top of all of that, the last thing we need is for Yi's handlers to continually bug new coach Scott Skiles that Yi "isn't getting the minutes he desires or 'deserves.'" The dealing of Yi and any potential problem his handlers may have had on the Bucks of last season could be enough to make this trade sway in our favor and makes me wonder if it may have set off a bad vibe in the locker room.

Im not a big bucks guy but this move seems like a move to become 42-40. All in all Id probably rather see this team develop with Yi down the stretch and build for the long term. However, if its one step closer to getting Redd out of town Im all for it. I just hope they dont give up on Alexander.

I always thought Richard Jefferson was a good player, was I mistaken? He is now the 2nd player on the Bucks I give a rip about. The other being Bogut.

Bogut will be #1 in my book for a long time for his high fives to imaginary teammates after sinking a free throw in a (stop me if you've heard this before) meaningless late-season game where the Bucks were down by a ton.

If you haven't seen it, check it out on YouTube.

I like the trade. Jefferson for Yi and Simmons? That's a beautiful thing. One big contract down, Gadz and Mo's contracts to go. I don't mind CV at the 4, but we need a PG. One that is a distribute first guy. Not that there are many of them around, but I'm now quite happy and excited with the Bucks. Going in the right direction!

i thinkwestbrook would fit the skiles mode. He is a good defender and can play the 1 or 2. I wouldn't compare him to David Noel. I understand that he could be a tweener without a position, but I'd rather see them going this way or with Bayliss than with Randolph.

Archived