Brewer Fanatic

Fixing the Milwaukee Bucks -- Latest: Mo Williams traded (reply #290)

twobrewers
I wouldn't mind seeing the Bucks trade their pick and Mo to the Heat for the #2 pick and other stuff to make it work. We'd be rid of Mo and the Heat would get him (as they signed him to an offer sheet). Then the Bucks could draft Beasley and have a frontline of Yi, Beasley and Bogut. Sadly, I think that would only happen in my dreams.

As much as I love Beasely I don't think the Bucks drafting Beasely would be a good fit. We already have a Beasely player in Yi. If we are to trade both Mo and Redd in a deal we would need to get another SG. I wouldn't mind taking Mayo with the #2 pick and passing on Beasley. If for some reason the Bulls take Beasley and we have the #2 Rose would be the perfect fit.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OT but I was looking at Derrick Rose and I started thinking he looks funny. If he part asian or something or am I just crazy?

I have no idea what to expect from the draft tonight. I'd say if we stay at 8, it's more than likely Joe Alexander who I'll be happy with but the OJ Mayo/Michael Beasley rumors getting me excited.

I look at the draft this way. Getting Alexander would be like your parents getting you a Ford Taurus for your 16th, nice car, dependable but is what it is. Getting Mayo or Beasley would be like them rolling up with a new Mustang. While it is flashy and exciting there is just as much a chance that it is totaled at some point.

Just brainstorming, but I think drafting Roy Hibbert and sliding Bogut to PF would be a huge improvement, especially defensively. Could even trade down several slots to get Hibbert. That would free up CV / Yi as trade bait (not that they aren't already) to address the other three spots.

Just brainstorming, but I think drafting Roy Hibbert and sliding Bogut to PF would be a huge improvement, especially defensively. Could even trade down several slots to get Hibbert. That would free up CV / Yi as trade bait (not that they aren't already) to address the other three spots.

A 7'1 concrete column placed in the middle of the lane would be more productive then Hibbert. If he couldn't stay on the court in college, he isn't going to last long in the NBA.

Bogut at PF has already been tried with a stiff next to him. It was a disaster.

I have a feeling we are going to be very disappointed at the end of the night. I'm just waiting for the team to give me a reason to renew my season tickets, but it's just not going to happen. Keeping the #8 pick won't sell tickets, and likely won't improve the team in any major way. We either need to move up to get a top 3 pick and generate some excitement (regardless of if the guy is actually good - people will get hyped), or trade Redd for a proven star that works well in the Bucks system. Anything else will just lead to another forgettable, quiet year at the BC. Getting Skiles was good, but nobody buys tickets to watch a coach.

jwill, trwi, I'm not as down on Hibbert and I could see Skiles liking him. But moreso I'm underwhelmed with the other draft options. I would rather see the pick packaged in a deal, but that seems unlikely.

Wow, that's crazy. I'm still digesting it but I think we came out pretty good. I still like Yi and disappointed we gave up on him but getting rid of Simmons is huge. Jefferson is a good player too. Do we still take Alexander now? We got a huge hole at PF now and I don't think CV is going to be here much longer either.

See the "breaking news" in red

link

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

"Other players and considerations will be included to make the package work financially."

Sounds like SI just wanted to get something out there before the specifics were known.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

While there is a chance Yi could be a superstar, I like this trade. I liken Bobby Simmons to Johnny Estrada, I liked the signing when we got him, but the second they started playing I disliked them. Looked like the effort was not there and never did the little things to win.

In the end this is a decent trade for both teams. The Nets are looking to rebuild and Jefferson did not fit into the plans and the Nets are looking to get Lebron in 2 years. Yi is a big $ draw and has potential to be a great player (I do not see that happening) and Simmons is a classic salary dump player.

I do not think Yi would have fit in the Hammond/Skiles regime. This almost guarentees that the Bucks will draft a PF tonight.

Archived