Brewer Fanatic

Fixing the Milwaukee Bucks -- Latest: Mo Williams traded (reply #290)

twobrewers
The second trade is better. However, Denver would have to really want to get rid of Martin to take on Randolph.

Martin to me is an injury prone guy and he is making as much money as Randolph is making. They are both the exact same player except Randolph is more reliable. I believe if Carmello is going to go somewhere the Nuggets are going to want to drop Martin from their roster to clear up some cap space.

Maybe a Simmons and Redd deal could get Carmello and Martin straight up from the Nuggets. This deal might be the most ideal one.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are both the exact same player except Randolph is more reliable.
And Randolph is pretty much loathed by ever team in the NBA. He is like cancer to NBA teams.

But talent wise - he probably would be better than Martin.

As of right now I'm not even sure trading Redd or keeping Redd or even trading or keeping Williams would help the Bucks out. Even if the Bucks got Carmello I'm not sure the Bucks would even be a top team in the East with that trade.

I'm not even sure the Bucks could get a PG at the spot they are at right now in the draft that will be able to help this team next year. For the Bucks to be even competitive next year they would have had to of gotten the #1 pick and drafted Rose with that pick. He is the only PG that would be able to help lead the Bucks and to be the QB of the team.

I'm almost interested in Milwaukee virtually destroying its roster and rebuilding entirely from the ground up. Sort of like what the Nuggets tried to do for the LeBron sweepstakes, only they ended up with Melo instead.

ESPN's rumor central had a spot today that Monta Ellis may force a sign and trade as a restricted free agent. As a starter, he averaged 21 points and 5 assists. There is literally nothing I wouldnt do to make this happen. He even shot 53 percent from the field. I know Al harrington is in the dog house constantly there and his contract is kind of awful. If we took that along with the sign and trade for Ellis, giving up Redd and Villanueva, Ellis could be signed for 10 mill a year which should be close to his market value. I'd even swap first rounders to make this happen. They also fancied Yi last year which could help a deal get made.

I was rethinking the 4 team trade idea and when I first did it I completely forgot about Kenyon Martin. I think the Nuggets probably wouldn't take this though.

Heres the trade: New York sends Randolph and Jeffries to Denver; Denver sends Anthony and Martin to Milwaukee, Milwaukee sends Redd and Simmons to Cleveland; Cleveland sends Wallace and Jones to New York. Maybe if the Bucks send their #1 pick to the Nuggets they will accept this trade. The Nuggets are still losing on this deal but they get rid of Martin who is just taking up cap space and replace him with Randolph and Jeffries.

Denver would first laugh thinking it was a prank call and once they realized it wasn't, they'd hang up in .00000001 seconds.

You are asking Denver to trade Carmelo Anthony for a vastly overpaid role player in Jefferies and arguably the most toxic contact in the NBA that belongs to Zach Randolph. To show just how toxic the rest of the league views Randolph and his contract, there were multiple reports out of both Milwaukee/New York that the Knicks offered the Bucks Zach Randolph for Gadzuric/Simmons/Bell, all three of our ugly contracts just to get Randolph off their team.

Looking around the NBA, i can't think of a single player and his contract that would be viewed with more contempt around the league than Zach Randolph. The Knicks spent most of the season begging any team to please take Zach off their hands and nobody wanted any part of him. Portland simply was lucky enough that the Knicks hadn't fired Thomas sooner, so that they had one sucker out there who was willing to trade for Randolph and his ugly ugly ugly contract.

Agreed on the GS trade, would be one of those that 'should' make both teams better. Obviously long term Yi have more up-side, but not so much that Milwaukee can't off-set it with Wright and then there is an opportunity to target 2 bodies for the back court. Sure hope this could be a trade done in conjunction with moving Redd's contract.

• 2 weeks later...

pretty informative column by woelfel

bucks looking at joe alexander (he'd be a great pickup) at #8.

bucks might looking at trading the #8 pick and CV to Minnesota to take OJ Mayo

Redd and Williams are drawing interest around the league

Golden State looking at Yi and CV. I have heard in the past a rumor for Yi to GS for Brandon Wright and the #14 pick. i'd do that move.

link

Golden State looking at Yi and CV. I have heard in the past a rumor for Yi to GS for Brandon Wright and the #14 pick. i'd do that move.

If I'm Milwaukee, there's no way Yi gets traded. He's one of the few players in the history of the Bucks that can be marketed world wide...that and we'd be trading for a guy that couldn't even make a NBA roster for some of last year. I'd do CV for the #14 pick and include some salary exemptions, but I'm going to guess GS would pass on that.

I can't understand how Minnesota would even consider #8 and CV for #3.

I never realized what an amazing athlete Joe Alexander is. Apparently at workouts he was doing that elbow-inside-the-rim dunk and head butted the rim?

I'm kind of surprised that the trade talks haven't gotten more heated, considering the draft is a little over a week away. hopefully once the finals end (come on Lakers, just win!), things will get going with a flurry.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Here is a trade idea I thought may work for the Bucks. I'm not sure if this works but take a look and tell me what you think.

Bucks trade CV + their 1st pick #8 to the T-wolves for the #3 pick. This has been rumored already I know.

Then we trade the T-wolves pick #3 we just got and Redd + Yi to the Miami Heat for D wade and the #2 pick. I think the heat would move down one pick and take Mayo.

I'm not sure if this would work salary cap wise but I thought it would be fair to all teams invloved. I could live with that athletic line-up.

Bucks line-up:

Bogut - C

Beasley - PF

Mason - SF

Wade - SG

Sessions - PG

tony2sweet wrote:

Bucks line-up:

Bogut - C

Beasley - PF

Mason - SF

Wade - SG

Sessions - PG

Yuck Mason starting at SF. He is to small to play SF but yet he is to slow to play SG. I like Mason off of the bench but when he starts he isn't that great he is a good off the bench role player though. I also don't see the Heat trading Wade ever. Plus I'm not to confident Wade can come back to form where he was before the injury.

I'm not sold on Sessions being a good PG either. I believe he will be a key player off the Bucks bench next year though. I still think a Redd and Simmons to the Nuggets for Martin and Anthony would be a good trade for both teams. With the Bucks trading a future #1 pick to the Nuggets. I'm not sure you would have to have the future #1 pick but it would sweeten the deal more.

So they would trade a potential elite 4 and the face of their franchise for a shooting guard who doesnt play defense and the right to draft another shooting guard? They would have hung up before they even finished the sentence.

Word is that the Bucks are interested in Haslem after the Heat draft beasley and the trade would be based around Mo Williams. I messed around on the trade machine and the only trade that works would be Mo and Gadz for Haslem, Banks and Alexander Johnson. We'd swap awful contracts in banks and Gadz and gain a tough inside presence. Haslem seems to fit the mold of a guy someone from the Pistons would want down low, but would open up a giant hole at the point

So they would trade a potential elite 4 and the face of their franchise for a shooting guard who doesnt play defense and the right to draft another shooting guard? They would have hung up before they even finished the sentence.

I believe it is fair to say right now Anthony is not going to be an elite player. He will be a good player but not an elite player. The Nuggets would also will be able to draft a PG at that spot and when Iverson leaves after the season they will still have Redd and a lot of cap space to work with. That is why the deal works also they get Simmons who could re find what he lost.

Right now I have this feeling that the Bucks are going to screw something up and draft someone they shouldn't like another Yi.

I was refering the the previous post concerning the Heat. I really dont know how you can say that Anthony will never be an elite player. Averaging 25 and 7 from the 3 shooting 49% makes him pretty elite considering he's 24 years old. Any move containing simmons is tough because he adds no value to the team getting him and is a cap liability, one of the worst in basketball actually. He's more likely to be dealt next off season when the years dont look so difficult to swallow.

Anthony is already an elite player and would easily be the best player on the Bucks roster.

I'm not denying the above, but is there a chance that Anthony would refuse to play in Milwaukee? There also have to be a few character issues with him since he's had some incidents in the past.

I'm not denying the above, but is there a chance that Anthony would refuse to play in Milwaukee?

If he gets traded here he really doesn't have a choice. He may not like it but his only choices are become the Gary Sheffield of basketball or retire.

As a casual NBA Fan, if that, Carmelo Anthony strikes me as someone who isnt as good as his name. His name = Superstar, but I just dont see it. His game reminds me of Glenn Robinson. My take is that he is very good, but not elite. To be elite I think you have to have a top-notch presence on both ends of the court. I dont see that from Anthony.

He is like Glen except he can defend and run the floor. I loved Big-Dog, but he is a better athlete. Could be that he ends up with similar production, but if Denver really wants to deal him...I'd take the plunge.

Archived