Brewer Fanatic

Fixing the Milwaukee Bucks -- Latest: Mo Williams traded (reply #290)

twobrewers

Bogut could have easily gotten a contract like Brand did when he would hit free agency and I believe he would get more years and more money than Brand did.

Now hopefully one or both of Redd and Williams can be traded for a PG.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bogut could have easily gotten a contract like Brand did when he would hit free agency and I believe he would get more years and more money than Brand did.

Any GM who would've given Bogut Brand type money in free agency is an idiot. Brand is a career 20/10 player. Bogut just came off a 14.3/9.8 year and people are slobbering all over him. Bogut is not close to Brand as a player and never will be.

the bucks didn't have the salary space to make that trade happen.

Exactly. The Nuggets wanted to save money so they went to a team with cap space and said Camby is yours if you want him. We need to avoid the luxury tax.

"Any GM who would've given Bogut Brand type money in free agency is an idiot"

Saying that a GM would be an idiot to sign Bogut is wrong. Bogut is 5 years younger than Brand and is a legit 7-footer (Brand is a 6-8 PF). If Bogut continues his 15/10/2.5 a game, most GM's would be very happy. So if he begins to improve on this, which we can hope a 25 year old will, Bogut could be a good, if not great, player.

In terms of comparing the deals, would you be willing to pay Brand $20 million when he is 35, or Andrew Bogut $20 million when he is 30?

Its amazing what you can get for nothing if you are willing to take on some salary.

I am going to piggyback this by saying it is amazing what you can get by giving up expiring contracts of bad players. Cap room is the currency of the NBA.

Can not disagree with you more.

Over 614 games Brand has averaged 20.3 points (50.5% FG, 73.8% FT), 10.2 rebounds, 2.7 assists and 2.1 blocks. Let me know when Bogut averages those numbers in one year.

In terms of comparing the deals, would you be willing to pay Brand $20 million when he is 35, or Andrew Bogut $20 million when he is 30?

I would easily take Brand because he is a much better player than Bogut.

I would easily take Brand because he is a much better player than Bogut.

But will he still be a better player than Bogut in 5 years when you are paying them the same amount of money? Elton Brand is a good player but I think that in 2 years the difference between them will be marginal. You must be pretty down on Bogut, or real high on Brand.

At least Lue is happy to be here.......

Tyronn Lue hoped to join the Celtics before signing a two-year, $5 million contract with Milwaukee yesterday.

Lue said he would have joined the Celtics for $1.8 million annually, but the Celtics held firm on a one-year, $1.2 million (the veteran minimum) offer.

"I'm disappointed," Lue said. "We were trying to get it done there for so long. I don't know why an extra [$600,000] was a big deal. I would have taken less than I took with Milwaukee. But they didn't want to do it." -- The Boston Globe

"I don't know why an extra [$600,000] was a big deal."

Yeah, Tyronn, why was it such a big deal? That's such a disingenuous comment -- if it wasn't a big deal, sign the contract.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

atleast nba players like milwaukee when we pay them a million more than anyone else. this quote is from Gilbert Arenas regarding the Jefferson trade

"HAHAHA. Oh, man, now that is funny. When I heard that, I started laughing. Oh man, did I start laughing. You know why? Because every player hates Milwaukee. Nobody wants to live in Milwaukee. I'm sorry, Milwaukee, to come down hard on you, but no one in the NBA wants to play in Milwaukee. From him going from New Jersey (actually New York, because he lives in New York), from New York to Milwaukee is like going ... let's just say it's not going to sit well with you. That was a funny one when I heard that one. I know Yi is happy though."

SF, i was thinking the same thing when i saw the trade, while milwaukee may not be like playing in Chicago, LA, or New York, I'd rather be here than in Portland, OKC, Salt Lake City, or Sacramento

I'd much rather play in Portland than Milwaukee. The Pacific Northwest is underrated.

The other three I agree with though.

I'd much rather play in Portland than Milwaukee.

Don't forget that in Portland, they're the only pro team in town. They have fans that will support them through thick and thin. In Wisconsin, you have Packer football, Badger football, and pretty much everything else after that.

I'd much rather play in Portland than Milwaukee. The Pacific Northwest is underrated.

I was going to post something to this effect when I saw bullox's post, but just decided to keep my nose out of it. Portland is a great city, and they're right -- the Blazers are the darlings of this town.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• 3 weeks later...

Archived