Brewer Fanatic

Fixing the Milwaukee Bucks -- Latest: Mo Williams traded (reply #290)

twobrewers

"Still no first-hand word from R. Jefferson on his life being turned upside down. We could tell you third-hand that he's pretty flummoxed by the whole thing, which we've heard from two of his closest friends. But he dutifully ran his camp yesterday and is at a charity golf tournament today, so we'll hold off on the rest until we hear from him personally. Which, knowing Richard, could be in October."

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2008/06/giant_steps.html

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nets GM Rod Thorn said Jefferson sent him a text message and RJ didn't sound happy about being traded. He's played his whole career with the Nets and didn't want to be traded so it's understandable. Now he's got to move to a new city, make new friends, have new teammates, etc. That's not easy. RJ isn't the type to talk to the media about much so we probably won't hear too much from him until later.

Can't blame him. But, part of the business. Just see how it plays out, but from the little I know RJ is a pretty good guy. When the Bucks start winning...that will help. Also, since Milwaukee wanted him; that is a nice stroke of the ego that a team comes after your talents.

The guy who did the draft grades for The Sporting News called Luc-Richard Mbah a Moute, "Ron Artest without the crazy." I like that.

Can we very un-officially dub him 'Raw-TC-Mac'? It's shorter than "Luc-Richard Mbah a Moute" http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

So far so good for new GM Hammond, I like the draft picks and the trade for Jefferson. Now to extend Bogut's contract for 5 years, and hopefully pull off a CV, Mason and Gadzuric for Kenyon Martin trade http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Starting lineup: Mo, Redd, Jefferson, Kmart and Bogut
Bench: Sessions, Bell, Alexander, Mbah a Moute, Voskuhl, Ruffin, Ivey and Storey.

If it happens, this new team should be decent and interesting to follow in the upcoming season.

Ewww no, Kenyon Martin sucks. Like alot. CV is better than him at this point let alone him plus Dez and Gadz. Ruffin, Ivey, Voskuhl and Storey off the bench again would be horrible too. No offense but that team would be right back in the lottery.

Redd and Charlie V to the Jazz for Brewer, AK47 and a first rounder. Get it done. AK can play the 4 if we are looking to go small and would be the best passer on the team. As a weak side defender, he would bail us out on having Mo getting beat and Brewer fits the mold of what Skiles would look for in a 2 guard. Charlie is a little soft for Jerry Sloan, but the trade would still work out under the cap if we took out Charlie and the 1st rounder

Chirs Kaman is pretty solid and he is white and from america

For some reason, this statement - alone - just made me chuckle.

Chris Kaman alone makes me chuckle. Hell of a player. Hell of a mullet.

Redd and Charlie V to the Jazz for Brewer, AK47 and a first rounder.
I actually proposed a similar trade awhile back - except without Charlie V.

That is probably way over paying, but I think AK47 and Bogut would play well together. (And much improve the defense)

I actually proposed a similar trade awhile back - except without Charlie V.

That is probably way over paying, but I think AK47 and Bogut would play well together. (And much improve the defense)

AK47 is a really good fit at the 4 for the team.

I'm surprised you think that's overpaying. I doubt Utah would ever consider that trade. All things considered, Brewer is much more valuable than Redd.

On a side note, CV would probably drive Sloan to retirement.

I think the next 2 guys that are going to be traded are Charlie Villanueva and Mo Williams. I'd also like to see them get a guy like David Lee, but I'm not sure we match up that well with the Knicks. I also would love to see us get Elton Brand in a sign and trade deal, but I think that is very unrealistic.

Some of the free agents I'm interested in are Eduardo Najera, Diop and Keyon Dooling, I think they would all be good high energy guys off the bench. I also wouldn't mind seeing us sign Jason Williams to split time at the point w/ Sessions if we trade Mo Williams. He was still an effective player last year, and could be had for cheap.

free agency starts today and the bucks make their first big move signing bogut to a 5 year 72 million dollar contract

link

Very good move, big men are so hard to find and he has improved in each of his 3 years in the league. I think Skiles will make him a better player.

Very good move, big men are so hard to find and he has improved in each of his 3 years in the league. I think Skiles will make him a better player.

I agree. I can't understand why during this past draft his name was sometimes thrown out as #1 bust or not worth the pick. Bogut has improved every year and if he becomes a 20 ppg and 10 rebound per game type of player he may have more value than any other player in that draft. Big guys are not easy to find and it's good that the Bucks don't have to worry about that -- and actually have a player on the team that likes Milwaukee.

WSSP is reporting that the deal is actually 5 years 60 million, I think that is a lot closer to his real value. I think 5/72 is way more than what he has shown. Either way, I'm glad that Bogut will be a Buck for at least 5 more years, I think he will eventually be a an annual all star selection.

I would feel a lot more comfortable if it were $60 and not $72mm. Either way, i'm glad we have him locked up as he seemed to be the only member of the team that actually cared last year. Get rid of Mo and Gadz and we're on our way!
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

72 mil is way too much. Bogut should be giving them a bit of a discount for extending him a year early. That's more like something he'd get as a free agent. Hopefully 72 mil is if he meets all his incentives or something.

Bogut hasn't been even close a max contract player.

5 years for 60 million is bearable - but since he was only going to be a restricted free agent next year, what was the rush?

That said, I don't see a huge downside in this contract. He might be over-payed a little, but then, so is all of the NBA.

72 mil is way too much. Bogut should be giving them a bit of a discount for extending him a year early. That's more like something he'd get as a free agent. Hopefully 72 mil is if he meets all his incentives or something.

Per the JS it's 5 years 60 million and the remaining 12 million is incentives. Contracts always seem to go up in the NBA and signing him now could actually save the Bucks money if he continues to improve.

Archived