Brewer Fanatic

Fixing the Milwaukee Bucks -- Latest: Mo Williams traded (reply #290)

twobrewers

I figured I would start a new Milwaukee Bucks thread since the last one mainly dealt with in-season issues.

According to Ohio.com Michael Redd is on the trading block.

Just to hear some ideas, what would you like to see the Bucks do this off-season. (Link to ESPN.com NBA Trade Machine)

My starting point is Redd and Yi to the Houston Rockets for Tracy McGrady. Draft Augustin.

McGrady and Yao have had enough time together to see that it is not going to work. Redd gives them a spot-up jump shooter who lets them run their offense through Yao. Yi gives them a power forward who will enjoy playing with Yao - and doesn't need to post up much.

Bucks can move Mo Williams to shooting guard, Augustin to point guard and McGrady to small forward.

EDIT- Title. -PF

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would think the Rockets would be much more interested in that deal if Charlie V was the player offered instead of Yi. Many around the league would say that they are probably the same age and Charlie can play the 3 or the 4, which Yi really isnt a prototype for either. Charlie's flexibility would be more attractive because they love Scola and Landry at the 4. I would not be excited with a Mo-Augustin back court however. I think TMac would demand the ball enough that we wouldn't be hurting with Mo playing the point. I would much rather keep my fingers crossed that Mayo would drop to us. Westbrook or even Gordon would be a better choice in that situation. I am really just not feeling Augustin at all. Maybe its that airballed free throw in the game they were eliminated in the tourney that has me jaded, but I dont see him being anything special

and represents a vast upgrade over Michael Redd. Probably even more importantly though, his contract would come off the books a year earlier than Redd would as well. If they could get 2 years of 65 games out of TMac, which isnt much different from what we have seen the past few years, and then a huge expiring contract that following year which could be flipped for talent or held to free up a ton of cap space, that would be a great deal.

I'd much prefer a sign and trade with Golden State for Baron Davis, but that just isnt realistic.

While I don't really want to trade Redd in the division (not that it matters as much in the NBA), it would be nice if Cleveland was a better match. They have a need for a #2 that can score and certainly have already expressed a desire for Redd. Just don't really look like a good match at all.

I'd be for T-Mac. My concern on that one is I'm not sure how much T-Mac would be for the Bucks. I suspect he would come down with his back issue, as well as Terrel Branson's ankle.

I wonder if GS would consider a sign and trade if Yi was involved? Maybe Yi and Redd for Davis? I think the money could work out.

Bucks can move Mo Williams to shooting guard, Augustin to point guard and McGrady to small forward.

I like the Redd and Yi for McGrady trade. But I'd be really upset if they took Augustin. He's the one guy I'd be really upset with as a draft pick.

If they move Mo to SG, they need to draft a combo guard that can defend, otherwise that backcourt would be abused defensively. Russell Westbrook would make so much sense if this scenario went down.

Those who follow hoops free agency will remember that the Cavs courted Redd a few years ago, but he elected to take the cabbage and stay with the Bucks. I think he's having more than a few regrets about that move.
That writer thinks Redd is regretting taking an extra 30 million or whatever it was? Ok...

I don't see how a deal with the Cavs could work out that would benefit the Bucks enough. I'd probably be alright with a deal involving Redd and Josh Howard. Could probably get a pick back in that too. Not sure if that would work contract-wise; the trade machine is filtered at work. Maybe the Bucks would need to take on another contract.

I'll throw out another name for the draft. I said in the other thread I like Russell Westbrook, but I think Brandon Rush will be a good NBA player. Not sure if they'd take him at 8 or move down a bit.

Those who follow hoops free agency will remember that the Cavs courted Redd a few years ago, but he elected to take the cabbage and stay with the Bucks. I think he's having more than a few regrets about that move.

I don't see how a deal with the Cavs could work out that would benefit the Bucks enough.

The Bucks just need expiring contracts and to get Redd off their books. Don't worry about players, worry about money. One trade that works is if the Bucks send Redd to Cleveland for Snow, Jones and Pavlovic. They clear cap two years earlier than with Redd.

The other killers the Bucks have are Mo, Simmons and Gadz. They all have a lot of time left on their deals that is just eating cap room.

to make a trade work with the Mavs, we would need to take back jerry stackhouse, erick dampier or they would have to be willing to deal Jason Terry. They do not look like a very good fit

Redd to Memphis for Mike Miller and Darko Milicic is a deal that I would love. Miller gives us the outside shooting we need without having to run a ton of plays for him. With Conley, the #5 pick in the draft (They could draft Deondre Jordan, Michael Redd, Rudy Gay and Hakim Warrick, they would have a solid nucleus of young guys that could turn into a team in the short term

The Bucks just need expiring contracts and to get Redd off their books. Don't worry about players, worry about money. One trade that works is if the Bucks send Redd to Cleveland for Snow, Jones and Pavlovic. They clear cap two years earlier than with Redd.

And what are the Bucks going to do with that extra cap space? If the Bucks trade to get cap space, they will be horrible forever. What NBA player is going to sign with Milwaukee without being vastly overpaid? The only way the Bucks are going to improve is though smart drafts and smart trades. And trading their "best player" for 3 crappy players with expiring contracts is not the answer. Unless you want a team full of Bobby Simmons' that is.

As for what I'd do, I would LOVE to move Redd and/or Mo to move up in the draft. There are 3 guys I would love to have in Beasley, Rose, and Mayo. I'm not a huge fan of Beasley or Mayo, but they both have superstar potential and that's what the Bucks need. But whatever they do, they need to have a productive offseason. The last couple have been horrible by overpaying for players (Simmons, Mo, Redd, and Danny G) without looking at that players true contribution and worth to the team. And I think Hammond realizes that Mo and Redd are still valuable players in the league, but are not right for the other personnel on this team.

I agree with Dmiles to the point where he talks about the team needing to build thru the draft and control its younger talent. A commitment to Yi and Bogut is obvious. Sessions...not so sure about. If there is a younger player that we can get in the Redd or whatever trade that is; all the better. Sure would be nice to get a player in this draft that can defend someone...

...That said, if a trade for Davis works out, sweet!

If they move Mo to SG, they need to draft a combo guard that can defend, otherwise that backcourt would be abused defensively. Russell Westbrook would make so much sense if this scenario went down.
I realize having Mo and Augustin as guards would be problematic defensively. I just love Augustin's leadership. The Bucks could use some of that.

Cleveland just doesn't work as trading partner. (Unless we find a way to give them Gadzuric and Simmons for a TON of expiring contracts)

redd would be a desireable piece for the phoenix suns. i doubt milwaukee could do anything with leandro barbosa / boris diaw. who knows what direction phx is going in, theyre in the third week sans coach.

I posted this in the lottery draft topic before. I believe this trade could actually work and benefit the Knicks and Nuggets. The Bucks would probably have to trade picks with the Nuggets also to get this trade to work since the Nuggets are losing the most in this deal.

4 team trade the Bucks send Michael Redd and Bobby Simmons to the Cavaliers, the Cavaliers send Ben Wallace and Damon Jones to the Knicks, the Knicks send Jared Jeffries and Zach Randolph to the Nuggets, and the Nuggets send Carmelo Anthony and Marcus Camby to the Bucks.

You could then send Gadzuric to another team for someone less expensive and who will be coming off the books soon.

Carmelo might be on the trading block this off-season. Camby is way to valuable to Denver. (Plus they have no back-up center) Denver gives up so much in that trade - and gets complete junk back.

Redd + for Carmelo might be feasible however.

Carmelo might be on the trading block this off-season. Camby is way to valuable to Denver. (Plus they have no back-up center) Denver gives up so much in that trade - and gets complete junk back.

Redd + for Carmelo might be feasible however.

You would have to give up Simmons and Redd for Carmelo and take Kenyon Martin's contract to be able for this to work out for salary cap considerations.

I was rethinking the 4 team trade idea and when I first did it I completely forgot about Kenyon Martin. I think the Nuggets probably wouldn't take this though.

Heres the trade: New York sends Randolph and Jeffries to Denver; Denver sends Anthony and Martin to Milwaukee, Milwaukee sends Redd and Simmons to Cleveland; Cleveland sends Wallace and Jones to New York. Maybe if the Bucks send their #1 pick to the Nuggets they will accept this trade. The Nuggets are still losing on this deal but they get rid of Martin who is just taking up cap space and replace him with Randolph and Jeffries.

I like the deal Nate for everyone, save Denver. Maybe they would do this, but be hard to lose Anthony and then add Randolph. I don't know if Jeffries is enough to do this deal.

For the style they are going to try to play in New York, Jeffries isnt a guy they would like to deal.

I also believe that unless he stabs someone in front of a news crew, the Nuggets will not deal Melo to anyone. He's the only young guy on the roster to build around with a bunch of old men

I'll confess, I haven't even watched a full NBA game this season....but here's a trade that went through on the trade machine

Bell and Redd to Atlanta for Mike Bibby and Marvin Williams.

It's about a wash on cash (and points), but the selling point in the deal (to me) is getting an extremely talented player in Williams who is still improving, and only 21 years old (22 before the season starts). If he's actually available, it would be because he hasn't crossed over into the kind of star territory that his draft position (just behind Bogut in '05) would warrant....and the kind of payday he'd be looking at in 2 years. Bibby's not spectacular anymore, but should still be solid enough at the point to move Mo Williams to the 2-guard spot.

I don't really see the upside for Atlanta in this deal, so I'll just put it out there for actual Bucks fans to digest.

the Nuggets will not deal Melo to anyone.
There has been some speculation in the media that Melo is on the block.

The second trade is better. However, Denver would have to really want to get rid of Martin to take on Randolph.

they have joe johnson already who is an all star caliber sg
Unless Joe Johnson moves back to being a PG. Or Redd moves to a small forward. Neither is ideal obviously, but I am not sure it would be the factor that prevents a trade.

I think the Bucks problem is Michael Redd. He thinks he is a superstar and even though he is paid like one, his 1 all-star game appearance doesn't reflect his ego. He seems like a really nice guy, but his play and attitude do not reflect his personality. He obviously doesn't want to share the limelight with Bogut and he and Mo Williams seem like they're vying for shots between the two of them to get their numbers. Beyond back contracts in Simmons, Gadzuric, Bell, etc., selfishness is killing this team and it needs to be addressed...NOW!

http://mrbrewtown.blogspot.com/

Archived