Brewer Fanatic

June 1 - Dining for a Difference - Rickie Weeks charity event - LATEST: reviews

A good time had by all tonight for a good cause. Rickie, Braun, JJ, Uek, Melvin, Ash, Rivera, Cameron, and DeFelice were all in attendence. I got to meet every one of them but Gord Ash. Actually chatted with Rick twice because we talked about things to do in Chicago and made fun of Carlo Lee's "popgun" arm and ripped the Cubs. Melvin was awesome to talk to. Braun was mobbed.

Well worth the money and also won Don Mattingly signed baseball as well as 2007 Packer signed football. Great times for a great cause.

We were really impressed with how relaxed & low-key the players were, especially Rickie.
The auctions raised $14K for Juvenile Diabetes Research, awesome!
Gord Ash sat back and instigated bidding wars ...wonder if he & DM like to do that at the Winter Meetings.

The young girl talking about living with Juvenile Diabetes was the true highlight of the evening.
This was a special night, happy to hear Rickie will try to make this an annual event.

Thanks Rickie ... and Brian & the BFnet Nation for bringing positive attention to this worthy cause.

Great to hear that this was a worthwhile event. While my location, (Eau Claire) and income, (college student) prevent me from going to such events, its fun to hear about what our guys are doing for the community non the less. For all the bashing our players get for on the field actions (at times), they don't get the reciprocity for the stuff they do for the community and I'm as guilty as the next guy. Good job Rickie and all the other players who showed up.

Archived