Brewer Fanatic

Jay Bruce called up

Lets see they have Corey Patterson batting .201 and never walking(and went 0-8 yesterday). They have a CF in the minors who is Baseball America's number 1 ranked prospect who is hitting .364. I know he would probably be better off in right or left but he can play centerfield. After they trade Griffey he will move over im sure but this is the most obvious call up ever.

Jay Bruce could very easily become one of my most favorite non-Brewers. Lance Berkman is still number one but Bruce could very well climb the list fast if he does what he has been doing.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

The Padres could call up Headley soon too. I also like Bruce. He should be pretty fun to watch.

This is true, but I don't think Headley is really the caliber of hitter that Bruce appears to be. Honestly, for the Pads, they might as well just keep Chase in Triple-A since the MLB club looks to be going nowhere fast.

Chase hadn't hit LHP very well prior to this most recent road trip. They're back in town for an 8-game homestand starting tonight, so I can see some more of him.

EDIT: On the season, the switch-hitting Headley has only been able to muster a .250/.286/.350/.636 line v. LHP. If I could decide, I'd want to keep him in Triple-A until he displayed that he could be useful beyond a platoon. Headley does have very real pop against both LHP & RHP, but he needs to be more consistent against lefties.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Is it possible that Bruce will walk less than Braun?

From Rotoworld:

"Bruce has just 27 walks in 405 plate appearances at Triple-A and even that number is misleading.

Five of his free passes were intentional, which means that he's drawn a non-intentional walk in just 5.4 percent of his plate appearances for a walk rate that would be 35 percent worse than the NL average."

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Well, Hatteberg needs to be moved as well. They may have a deal close to being done.

And Patterson might have some value as a PH or defensive replacement for Dunn (or maybe Griffey, if he's not 100%). He's better than most 5th OF's.

Archived