Brewer Fanatic

5/2608 Brewers (Sheets) at Nationals (Bergmann) 12:35pm CT

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That article did have a quote about Yost thinking about switching him back to 8th in the order to jumpstart the offense.

Still, Yost didn't know how long it would continue, mainly because he said he doesn't have many other options for shaking up the lineup, as each of the team's hitters fits the role corresponding to his batting spot. "I'm still kind of debating back and forth moving him back to the eighth spot. We'll see," Yost said. "I'm just trying to find some way to get the offense going a little bit."

Trying to get the offense going? Hit totals in the past 6 games:

5/25: 12

5/24: 10

5/23: 8

5/22: 14

5/21: 11

5/20: 14

The LOB is maddening, sure, but Jason Kendall batting 8th isn't going to do anything to help that with the way he's been hitting in May. Seems to me like Ned's starting to feel the pressure looming over his head, and he's panicking (again). It'll be nice to have Kendall back behind the plate, though, after Rivera pretty much blew yesterday's game by not being able to get in front of two pitches that should've been blocked.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

OMG 'member a week ago when Yost waz such an IDIOT and left Sheets in the game and he finished with 123 pitches!?!

Yeah, uh, I hope Benny gots it today.

oh, and nothing like swapping your 8 and 9 hitters to really juice up the line-up... Delusional.

Anyone think the move of Kendall to the 8 spot has something to do with Hardy complaining about hitting in front of the pitcher?

Thats what I figured. Either Hardy complained about hitting in front of the pitcher or Kendall complained about hitting behind the pitcher.

OMG 'member a week ago when Yost waz such an IDIOT and left Sheets in the game and he finished with 123 pitches!?!

Yeah, uh, I hope Benny gots it today.

oh, and nothing like swapping your 8 and 9 hitters to really juice up the line-up... Delusional.

Giving up a HR to Guzman means there shouldn't be any blue there.

1. Last few times I've watched Prince run-seems he's favoring his right leg (limping)-anyone else see it?

2. So if the team wanted to send a message to the world re: manager Yost, maybe plays like Braun's error are good candidates -no attention, mind wandering,...not really ready to concentrate and play...

Archived