Brewer Fanatic

Russell "3TO" Branyan called up Gwynn sent down!

Kurt
  • Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he's going to hit 75 homers this year!

if you are keeping score at home, his 3TO rating is at .76ish

he's on pace for 70+ homers and 200 k's...nothing ever changes

I wish we had a 3TO stat sort for all players.

/me waits for the small sample size replies.

Seeing how I wasn't using it as a predictive tool, or indicator of Russell's true abilities, I really don't see how the "small sample" argument is at all prudent. People get way too crazy about pointing out that something's a small sample whenever possible - half the time they're not even using it in proper situations. It's gotten to the point where someone can comment that a player who went 3-for-4 had a nice game, and it's like a race between posters to point out that it's a small sample. It really needs to stop.

Anyway, I simply posted that stat page because it was sweet.

All stats have trivia value, and this one has 'sweet' value. No other claim was made. Besides, Russ' god status just may exempt him from small sample alerts. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Community Moderator

Russell has been tearing it up for over 2 months now between Nashville and Milwaukee.

I think he has a decent chance to have a continuing major impact on the Brewers this year, as long as he takes care of the walks part of the 3TO.

As for "small" samples, think back to JJ Hardy's April and May of 2008. If only JJ Hardy could always have a .900 OPS.

That home run last night was about as loud as I've ever heard a crowd at Miller Park, at least since the game I was at in April '04 when Bill Hall hit a semi-legendary 9th inning home run against the Reds. It was a great moment...I was high fiving random Brewers fans, and the Twinkie fans around had to eat crow, at least for a short bit.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

It's gotten to the point where someone can comment that a player who went 3-for-4 had a nice game, and it's like a race between posters to point out that it's a small sample. It really needs to stop.

Amen.

DM really dropped the ball not having this guy on our roster in Fenway.

It's gotten to the point where someone can comment that a player who went 3-for-4 had a nice game, and it's like a race between posters to point out that it's a small sample. It really needs to stop.

Amen.

Agreed.

As far as the people pointing out small sample sizes and stuff...it seems like there is a general culture on this board where some people feel the need to immediately search every post related to baseball for logic gaps. It's like people can't just state an opinion without it being scrutinized thoroughly, it sometimes feels like.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Yeah sure would have been nice to have a guy who can hit the ball like that be your DH then a guy who can hit the ball like Gwynn. I can't say for sure, but if Branyan DH's in that series we just might have taken at least 1 of those games. He could have made that kind of difference.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

It's like people can't just state an opinion without it being scrutinized thoroughly, it sometimes feels like.

This is a discussion forum. If you don't want feedback/scrutiny, start a blog, or use the vent thread.

It's like people can't just state an opinion without it being scrutinized thoroughly, it sometimes feels like.

This is a discussion forum. If you don't want feedback/scrutiny, start a blog, or use the vent thread.

Yes, I realize "this is a discussion forum." I'm just saying that sometimes the seemingly knee jerk reaction of some to criticize every little potential logic flaw in someone's post (like in the example indicated), is a bit...well, tiresome.

Yes, I realize "this is a discussion forum." I'm just saying that sometimes the seemingly knee jerk reaction of some to criticize every little potential logic flaw in someone's post (like in the example indicated), is a bit...well, tiresome.

Most of the time it is based on how people use the data. Wether they are using it to make an opinion on what to do in the future or to state what a person has done.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Opening Day 2005, the longest HR in Miller Park history, the HR that landed in the Dew Deck, and now you can add an epic game-tying HR to the list of of moments that by themselves were well worth the price of admission.

All hail 3TO!

I said it last night in the IGT but Branyan has been pretty darn good. He carries himself with a quiet professionalism which makes it hard not to root for him. I really hope he continues to do well because that home run last night was pretty darn exciting.

I think one major thing that is getting lost in the 3TO talk is his pretty darn good defense so far. Even if he sinks back close to his career norms his defense at this point and time is almost making up for that compared to what Hall was doing.

Archived