Brewer Fanatic

Russell "3TO" Branyan called up Gwynn sent down!

Kurt
Branyan's swing is just so sweet, real smooth and never really swings out of his shoes. Just a strong guy who can hit them far without really trying.

Just imagine how far he would hit them if he wound up like Prince does sometimes. He could hit it over the dew deck probably

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously the best case would be that Branyan has somehow bucked the odds and matured as a hitter this late in his career, thus he doesn't plummet into that .220ish or lower batting average range so that Ned doesn't have to make a decision, but the odds are probably against that.

Yes, probably not in his favor. However, his approach has been so good so far this season, I have a hard time seeing a .230-ish BA from Branyan. I know that 'feeling' is heavily skewed right now by his blazing hot start, but perhaps his overwhelming stats from Triple-A indicate that he's 'wised up' a bit in terms of contact? Probably not, like you said, but I sure hope it's the case. I know a lot of hitters have felt that the older you get (aka more ABs), the better a hitter (not necessarily slugger) you become.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

By only playing against RHP, I would expect Branyon to have a real chance at crushing his lifetime BA by 30 or 40 points.

I did not look at his career splits at all before making that statement.

By only playing against RHP, I would expect Branyon to have a real chance at crushing his lifetime BA by 30 or 40 points.

I did not look at his career splits at all before making that statement.

Tha gap isn't real big, only .03 higher overall than against rhp. He's always been fairly protected from LHP, with 317 PA vs. 1880 vs. RHP.

I am not a Branyan fan by any means -- but yesterday I was able to get a picture of Russ's opposite field homer at impact from right behind the visitor's dugout. It will be posted later today in the picture thread. A similar picture for Braun's homerun was also captured and will be posted.

I guess this will be a little teaser for you the KKKKK(BB)KKKK(HR)K fans.

At the game Sunday the unthinkable happened...Branyan hit a ball in play.

Of course it was about 395 feet to dead center.

If he didn't get so under that ball it would have had been a scoreboard shot.

I wanna know when Branyan bobblehead day is? If only the Brewers could add guys mid-season to the promo list.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Branyan has single-handedly saved the Brewers season, and that's a fact.

Branyan since joining the club:

.321 / .441 / .821 / 1.263 OPS

Pre-Branyan record: 23-26

w/ Branyan record: 9-2

He is a god amongst insects...

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1604/incrediblebranyanzc2.jpg

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Well the pitching has been pretty good those 11 games too.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Verified Member

Good god! Branyan is at a 64.7 3TO AVG. right now. Amazing.

FYI: His career 3TO is 53.4

Pretty sure Ryan Howard is his only competition. He's at 52.7 so far this year.

It's totally fine to say Branyan has been incredibly hot. It's impossible to say whether he will remain hot in the future.

So, past tense = go for it.

Future tense = fool's errand.

But what you want to use is present tense.

Present tense = ...hmm.............?????!!!!!??????

I honestly don't know that there's a correct interpretation one way or the other on that. We might need to bone up on some Heidegger to help us out with this question. "Being and Time" might be a good place to start.

Good god! Branyan is at a 64.7 3TO AVG. right now. Amazing.

FYI: His career 3TO is 53.4

Pretty sure Ryan Howard is his only competition. He's at 52.7 so far this year.

Jack Cust is at 52.9% this year. He also was an insane 58.1% last year.

I honestly don't know that there's a correct interpretation one way or the other on that. We might need to bone up on some Heidegger to help us out with this question. "Being and Time" might be a good place to start.
I'll be in Madison this weekend! Let's talk Brewers baseball!

Archived