Brewer Fanatic

Russell "3TO" Branyan called up Gwynn sent down!

Kurt
I apologize if this has already been discussed but I didn't see anything in the string...

..what does this move mean for Matt Gamel? Will he get bumped to AAA now?

I would assume Gamel still does not get to Nashville until the all-star break. The jump from AA, to AAA is not really much of a jump at all, so there is no need to move him any sooner than they had anticipated. Adam Heether will get most of the starts probably.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of Russ' relatives bought some 3TO shirts when Brewerfan first made them available. He did sign a couple of those shirts for my nephews, but we didn't really have time to talk.

A couple of his family members have posted here. I believe one of them identifies him/herself in the Return of 3TO thread (now locked and superceded by this one). Another posted here and identified herself when he was first acquired in 2004. She's on the member list but hasn't posted since. She used to occasionally join in the game threads on brewers.com.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

one of my favorite Russ moments was during BP. He was walking down the 1st base line and there were a couple balls there. He gave one ball to a small kid then the other one to my gf. She had on a Branyan player T on and he tossed us the ball.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Bill Hall not happy:

Hall said he had not been told what the plan was for third base but obviously was not pleased with losing playing time. Asked if he was waiting to hear from Yost, Hall said, "Is that what I'm supposed to do? We'll see, I guess."
Yet another sign that Yost's communication skills are lacking with this club. I take Hall's comments as a complete lack of surprise that Yost hadn't talked to him.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

brettac-

I can get down with that rationale, but how hard is it to sit a player down and inform them that there's been a role change? I just feel a good manager is a good communicator above all else.

Maybe I'm nitpicking, but it's just another signal to me.

If I was the manager, I'd sit down with Hall and tell him how he could help the team win more games in a platoon situation at third and acting as a super utility player against RHP.

Branyan should be getting a shot against right handed pitching. He cant do any worse than what Hall has done to this point. Hall seems to have really regressed over the last year. His approach at the plate is horrible and he needs to sit down and figure out how to get the swing back.

Verified Member
I know it's a very small sample but Branyan's 3TO % in his first two games back is 55.5%!!!! Hopefully he can increase is already amazing 53.4 lifetime 3TO %.

Branyan should be getting a shot against right handed pitching. He cant do any worse than what Hall has done to this point. Hall seems to have really regressed over the last year. His approach at the plate is horrible and he needs to sit down and figure out how to get the swing back.

How do you figure? He's got 9 HR (including 6 vs. right handers) vs 14 all of last year. His slugging % is 100 points higher than Hardy and close to what it was last year. His OBP is only slightly off his career rate. His K rate is about what it was 2 years ago and his walk rate is slightly better than his career numbers.

He's doing no worse vs. expectations than Hardy or Weeks, but they haven't been benched.

Archived