Brewer Fanatic

Russell "3TO" Branyan called up Gwynn sent down!

Kurt
  • Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Staff

I was actually considering writing a futile email to the Brewers, showing why this should happen. I was composing it as I fell asleep last night, without knowing the move had been made!

As great a move as this is for the Brewers and Branyan, I think it's equally as good for Gwynn. He needs to play everyday to develop, and he was rotting on the bench here.

I do wonder what this is going to do to Hall. He's made every move the Brewers have asked him to, and I think it has messed with him. This is the right move to make this team better, but the Brewers owe Hall over $15 million after this year, and they need to find a way to make him productive or trade him to a team that can use him.

kramnoj wrote:

I do wonder what this is going to do to Hall.

As a big Hall fan I wonder the same thing. For now, I'm hoping it will send a message to Billy and that will somehow magically turn his year around.

Even with my pink (bat) colored Hall glasses, I've got to admit that the Branyan move is a welcome one for this team. Ride the Muscle hot streak for all it's worth.

It's always dangerous and Fun! to do anaylisis after the fact, but I wonder if Hall knew about the move during the game and it affected his play. That move where he cut off Hardy to get to the ball seemed like a guy desperate to prove he belongs on the field.

Many years ago now I described Hall as a player who had a ceiling of a Jose Hernandez. I meant that as a compliment because Jose was a pretty good SS. Hall has shown flashes of being better than that with more power, but generally spottier walking ability and hitting for average. More pronounced over the years he has shown pretty dramatic platoon splits. Consistently putting up at best merely mediocre numbers against righties, but hammering lefties. All in all he is not worth dropping or anything like that, but given his strengths and weaknesses at this point the team is better off with the platoon. Value wise the start to this year has cemented the most fair estimation as a reasonable starter at some positions, and an awesome utility guy. Very similar to Jose and given his strikeout totals he is likely to see more VARIATION in his batting average which can lead to these really low current totals.

in 2005 Hall put together a good season while playing 3 positions. I wonder if Hall might be useful as sub for the rest of the year when he's not at 3B facing lefties. This year he's clearly in a funk, but generally I would prefer Hall against a righty than Counsell if Weeks or Hardy needs a day off.

I apologize if this has already been discussed but I didn't see anything in the string...

..what does this move mean for Matt Gamel? Will he get bumped to AAA now?

That is a great question. I would assume they have someone else to play 3B for now at AAA. But I would think at some point this season Gamel would be there though.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

i was out last night and didnt see the news until the line up was posted on the game. I was shocked, and pumped, and my next reaction was to come here. some pretty funny stuff in this thread with the anchor man stuff. I also laughed pretty hard at the mane comments

I missed the news until BA was giving us the hitting line up. I am so pumped to have a good lefty on the team and a bad one sent back down.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived