Brewer Fanatic

Russell "3TO" Branyan called up Gwynn sent down!

Kurt
  • Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"There was a time, a time before a .500 record, when a local baseball player reigned supreme. When people believed everything they heard on TV. This was an age when only men were allowed to attend baseball games. And in Milwaukee, one baseball player was more man then the rest. His name was Russell Branyan. He was like a god walking amongst mere mortals. He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and a swing so fine it made Griffey Jr. look like a hobo. In other words, Russell Branyan was the balls."

OMG new signature right here.........i love the anchorman reference (best movie of all time)

Verified Member

F U N F A C T ! ! !

The home run ball isn't everything but Branyan has hit more home runs in just 100 minor league at bats this year than Gwynn has hit in his more than 2,000 total at bats as a professional playing career.

A Brewers win and a 3TO callup? These last few hours have been awesome. This calls for a sexy party!

Are the Rays where they are today because of Branyan? I think so.

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/2006/08/08/2otUemFh.jpg

Branyan: "I don't know quite how to put this, but...I'm kind of a big deal. People at Brewerfan.net know me."

Trenni Kusnierek: "Well, I'm very happy for you."

Branyan: "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound infielder's gloves and my bats smell of rich mahogany."

I love how Branyan has been escalated to God-like status.

Objective me says good move, Hall needs a platoon partner badly and Branyan is at the least serviceable.

The other part of me says, Wahoo!!! Branyan the Manyan, Russell the Muscle, welcome back to your rightful kingdom where you truly reign supreme!

Russell Branyan: 1001, 1002, 1003.

Trenni: Uh, Mr. Branyan? Yost said you wanted to be Interviewed.

Branyan: Oh, Miss Trenni. I wasn't expecting company. Just doing my workout. Tuesday's arms and back.

Trenni: Well, you asked me to come by, sir.

Branyan: Oh, did I?

Trenni: Yes.

Branyan: Ohh, it's the deep burn. Oh, it's so deep. Oh, I can barely lift my right arm 'cause I did so many. I don't know if you heard me counting. I did over a thousand.

Brewerfan.net: Take me to Pleasure Town.

Russell Branyan: Oh, we're going there.

"Ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention. I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story. I need all of you, to stop what you're doing and listen. 3TO!"

Today we spell "redemption"... 3-T-O.

Follow me on Twitter

Billy Hall - What's it like, Russ?

Russell Branyan - Making plays on defense? Outta sight, my man.

Craig Counsell - No, the other thing - hitting home runs.

Tony Gwynn - Yeah, what is that?

Russell Branyan - Do you guys really want to know how to play ball?

Tony Gwynn - More than anything in the world, Russ.

It's the ultimate battle between batter and pitcher, where fielders are rendered irrelevant. Rob Deer once held an esteemed perch amongst the 3TO Demigods, but now is the time for Russell the Muscle to reign supreme amongst all underlings in the 3TO universe.

Archived