Brewer Fanatic

Russell "3TO" Branyan called up Gwynn sent down!

Kurt
  • Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting stat from today's Washington Post. Bill Hall is 9th in MLB in pitches/plate appearance at 4.22. This surprises me since he always seems to be a free swinger especially when he's going bad like now. Leader Nick Swisher 4.52, Dunn in the NL at 4.50. I'm waiting for the inevitable dropoff from Branyan when people jump back to Hall's bandwagon.

Branyan has better career splits against RHP than Hall and better defense. I don't see much playing time in Hall's future unless there is another infield injury. Hall had a great chance to get people "back on his bandwagon" on Friday. One K later and his fate is pretty much sealed at this point.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

During "Flex Cam" at the game today they flipped the camera on Russ. He didn't see it, and lucky for the folks at Miller Park he didn't. I was waiting for the Scoreboard to explode if he would have noticed what was going on.

There's an ESPN Insider article by Eric Karabell in which he looks at Russell and his propensity for hot starts no matter where he goes. It's about Branyan in terms of fantasy baseball.

Here's a small part:

I must discuss how Branyan can't possibly keep this up, and how you should sign him, enjoy the occasional dinger and swiftly move him to some dunderhead in your league who thinks he'll hit 30. Am I not compelled to do this? Why, at age 32, would Branyan all of a sudden be able to keep a hot

streak going? Aren't opposing scouts watching? They must be aware that Branyan is a major strikeout guy. Bust him up and in or throw sliders off the plate and he's putty. Yes, he can hit majestic home runs as well. In fact, in the history of Miller Park, it's not Prince Fielder or Ryan Braun or Corey Hart who has hit three of the four longest home runs in stadium history, it's you know who. The stadium opened in 2001, by the way, or else I would have mentioned Gorman Thomas, Robin Yount and Hank Aaron.

However, Branyan is not Cust, because he doesn't have the same kind of plate discipline to take walks, but he is a classic "three true outcomes" type player in that Branyan doesn't put the ball in play very much and he does walk, fan and homer quite a bit.

However, Branyan is not Cust, because he doesn't have the same kind of plate discipline to take walks

Hey thanks for the tip Sherlock! Tell me, Mr. Karabell how many players do carry BB% of 19.7 like Cust? My guess is very, very few, if any. Now Mr. Karabell, could you tell me what is wrong with Russell's career BB% of 12.3? He just makes it sound like Branyan is horrible at taking a walk when in reality he's actually well above average.

Branyan has great plate discipline, he just has had huge problems making contact. You don't have a career OBP 100 points higher than your BA without taking a good share of walks.

I see what you're saying, but at the same time Branyan tends to see more pitches at times because he does swing and miss so often. I find it odd that he says he doesn't have discipline, but then points out that he walks quite a bit. I think that should've been explained a little bit more because without any detail that makes little sense.

I went to the Fanzone before the game on Saturday night in search of a Branyan T-shirt jersey. The lady told me that they hadn't arrived yet but that EVERYONE has been asking for them. Hopefully they're in stock when i'm up again 4th of July weekend!
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I must say I'm dissapointed that you can't use an image in your signature on this site because of this:

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc243/Pacific_1/Signatures/RussellBranyansig.jpg

I must say I'm dissapointed that you can't use an image in your signature on this site because of this:

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc243/Pacific_1/Signatures/RussellBranyansig.jpg

I do like the image, but honestly, I think message boards that allow image sigs look like plates of hurl.

While the rules preclude using the image in your sig, your profile would be an excellent place for it. If you need some help, post a thread in the Issues forum and we'll give you a hand.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I believe we face three RHP in the Twins series this weekend. 3 games of Russell, I predict 3 HR this series.

That would sure be nice, especially with right field something like 325 ft away. Maybe he'll hit some over the baggie.

I believe we face three RHP in the Twins series this weekend. 3 games of Russell, I predict 3 HR this series.

That would sure be nice, especially with right field something like 325 ft away. Maybe he'll hit some over the baggie.

good call

While the rules preclude using the image in your sig, your profile would be an excellent place for it. If you need some help, post a thread in the Issues forum and we'll give you a hand.

That's ok, I'm using it on a different (non-baseball) forum so it's not going to waste or anything. I really just wanted to show it off. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I must discuss how Branyan can't possibly keep this up, and how you should sign him, enjoy the occasional dinger and swiftly move him to some dunderhead in your league who thinks he'll hit 30.

Hey Karabell, I think he might hit 30 and he just may. Or darn close to it.

I'm not a big fan of any of ESPN's fantasy guys.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived