Brewer Fanatic

Russell "3TO" Branyan called up Gwynn sent down!

Kurt
  • Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sitting down by the dugout today, I asked Russel to "flex for a picture" when he was coming up to bat after he had hit his homerun, and he just shook his head and laughed pretty hard. He knows we exist, he knows he is 3TO.

Perhaps no truer words were spoken than those uttered on the day of his call up:

"There was a time, a time before a .500 record, when a local baseball player reigned supreme. When people believed everything they read on the internet. This was an age when only men were allowed to attend baseball games. And in Milwaukee, one baseball player was more man then the rest. His name was Russell Branyan. He was like a god walking amongst mere mortals. He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and a swing so fine it made Griffey Jr. look like a hobo. In other words, Russell Branyan was the balls."

Little did we know...little did we know....

Follow me on Twitter

This is just silly. I admit it. When Branyan was called up, I said -- ehh. I wasn't opposed to it since Billy had absolutely sucked against RHP, but I wasn't expecting much. My God... this is just stupid, what he's doing.

He named his freaking kid after Johnny Cash. I don't need any other reason to forgive him every strikeout he ever makes, past or future.

"When Russell Branyan left the Mary Birch Hospital for Women in San Diego on Friday, he told his wife, Jill, that he was going to try and get a hit for his newborn son, Cash Carter Branyan.

Branyan did just that and more, as he blasted a 428-foot home run to right field in an 8-1 victory over the Mariners at Safeco Field."

He's a frickin legend.

Breaking News . . .

The Associated Press is reporting that God himself has stepped down from his position and is turning things over to Russell Branyan. Sources close to the situation are saying that Branyan is expected to be named the new Holy Spirit and Master of All Creation at a press conference tomorrow at Miller Park.

Branyan needs to make the all-star team so we can see him participate in just ONE HR derby....

He'd probably set the record for pitches taken and whiffs as well.

It's easy to say that in hindsight. I mean you look at his career numbers and they don't exactly scream 'savior'.

But his muscles do. If I ever have grandchildren, I will flat-out fabricate Branyan stories, like the time he played first and third base at the same time in a game where he hit 6 grand slams - each of which broke the seat it hit. I will then hold up a jagged piece of broken plastic and tell the kids I was at the game and that splinter of the seat flew off and stabbed me in the neck, though I couldn't leave and stayed to watch the rest of the game.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Branyan is becoming the definition of catching lightning in a bottle. After 10 seasons with 7 different teams where the most he could muster were brief displays of what is awesome power followed by longer periods of excruciating inability to make contact, somehow at age 32 he seems to have put it together. I certainly didn't see it coming, but boy I am impressed.

Archived