Brewer Fanatic

Clayton Kershaw called up by Dodgers

The Dodgers called up Kershaw to make a start on Sunday. Has anyone been able to watch any of his minor league starts to know what we are looking at? I"ve seen the "Public Enemy #1" clip online he unleashed on Casey in spring training and it looks pretty exciting.

(unambigufied thread title --1992)

I heard hes supposed to be one and done just like Masterson was for the Red Sox. However, that could just be a safety net if he has a bad outing. I saw him in beloit and he was filthy. I think Broxton and Kershaw for Fielder would be a great trade for both teams.

Why don't we get them to throw in Kemp while we're at it?

It's funny how sometimes sarcasm is alright, and other times it gets people all worked up.

Anyway, what exactly do you think Prince is worth if not a very good young starting pitcher who hasn't throwin the big leagues yet and a good young SU man who's got a future as a closer?

That's almost exactly where Prince's value lies.

But, we're the Brewers. Prince Fielder will cost ten million next year there is no way we could afford that. We should just trade him for whatever anyone else is willing to pay.

Seriously, the offer they made for Cabrera this winter included the same value and some speculated even more. Moreover, the Dodgers are desparate for offense, especially with the Jones and Torre x-factors. It just blows my mind that people ignore Prince's value when he is one of the best young hitters in the game. Premium players come at a premium price!

(code repair --1992)

Archived