Brewer Fanatic

3/31/07 Brewers (Bush) @ Rangers (Tejeda): 6:05 PM CST

wOOgiE22
ouch, a huge strike zone, and the 2nd pitch to Nelson Cruz--according the game tracker--was in the perfect geometrical center of the strikezone. I think it might not have landed yet. Darn...way to waste the efforts of the comeback

well, we saw Aquino throw okay, Spurling give up the jack in a key situation, and Thatcher walk the one lefty. I still think the job goes to Thatcher, seeing as we have 5 open spots on the 40man roster.

I know Cruz has a great arm, but I don't know why they didn't try sending Gwynn on the Rottino single.

Quote:
and the 2nd pitch to Nelson Cruz--according the game tracker--was in the perfect geometrical center of the strikezone.

Any chance the Brewers just wanted to get out of there and deliberately gave Nelson Cruz a nice fat one to end it? Who wants to play extra innings in that situation?

Actually I believe Thatcher has already been assigned to Hunstville. It was in one of the recent McCalvy articles

I'm pretty sure his contract can still be purchased. Since he wasn't demoted as a 40-man roster option, I think he can be added to the 25 man roster without the waiting period

Archived