Brewer Fanatic

Melvined! Julian Tavarez signed, ZachJack optioned to AAA (reply #90)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love love love this move! It's about time we bring in a goon, not just a jerk who will only bring down our clubhouse (David Bell, for example). No, with Tavarez, we have a guy who is perhaps the most unpredictable player in baseball and that is exciting! Imagine if he'd been the one running towards first base when Reed Johnson slid into first? Tavarez's reaction? Punch him in the mouth. If we had him last year, he could've beaned Pujols and as he was being ejected...he could've punched him in the mouth. We now have a legitimate shot at an all out brawl on the field. I love this move and no, this isn't supposed to be in blue.

To be honest, I kind of agree. This team seems like it could use some kind of attitude shake up right now. Maybe someone like this with a little fire on the field will get the Brewers out of their funk.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I would bet Difelice would be sent down and that would be a good thing. Doesn't look like he will be that effective as how many 33-year olds making it to the majors for the first time are.

He's actually 31...he will be 32 in August. I see DiFelice's best role as a starter and if he's not going to start with the Brewers I'd actually like to see him sent down. I still think he could be useful as a starter or spot starter at some point this season.

To be honest, I kind of agree. This team seems like it could use some kind of attitude shake up right now. Maybe someone like this with a little fire on the field will get the Brewers out of their funk.

If this team could use a shakeup, I doubt it is going to come from a washed out RP, much less a clown like Tavarez. If DM really wanted to shake up the Brewers, he'd fire Yost, not sign Tavarez.

I wanted to post something other than "why?", but much like Jackson that's the only thought I have, and it's difficult to get it out of my head.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

if this is just a replacement for defelice, than i am fine with it. I didn't like him while he was on the cards and giants, we have to hope he turns it around. I think this may mean that gagne may be hurt worse since we haven't heard anything about his status since he went on the dl. I know when riske went on the dl, they atleast said on the tv that he expected to return when he was eligible to.

I think the guy is a turd as well but I think I'll be able to stomach him getting an inning every 3 or 4 days. It's not like having to put up with a positional player every game for 9 innings.

We already knew that Melvin was desperate for some relief help. I mean, Jackson?

In other words, if need be, Julian is someone that can be "thrown away" with no real consequences. While this signing doesn't seem to add quality, it does add quantity. While quantity is a second choice, it's not like we can't use it.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Jackson has a future as a reliever, he has a pair of nice pitches.

He's gone because DiFelice can go longer if needed, even spot start, albeit ineffectively, versus LH bats at least. He'll be gone soon too.

I'd be willing to wager that Stetter is back up and DiFelice will be back down by the end of this week. Stetter's gone 3 straight outings with no walks (and no runs). I'm sure the plan all along was that once Stetter started finding the zone again, he'd be back up.

Stetter, Riske, and Gagne might all be back soon, and DiFelice is the only ineffective reliever at the moment, (and other than that groove ball to Ortiz, he hasn't been bad either). I don't think Mitch comes back that quickly.

While this signing doesn't seem to add quality, it does add quantity. While quantity is a second choice, it's not like we can't use it.

Quantity has a quality all its own. (To quote an obscure dictator...)

I suppose there's no hope of Tavarez becoming a Class A free agent this offseason...? It is for moments like this one that the term 'meh' was invented.

Archived