Brewer Fanatic

Donovan Hand moves up to Huntsville

In a chain reaction move, the Brevard County Manatees have promoted pitcher Donovan Hand to Huntsville. Jason Shiell is back in Nashville and Tim Dillard has been promoted to Milwaukee.

This information I just received from Brian Massey of the Stars' Media and Public Relations.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Thanks, David, I've noted this in our Transactions Thread -- I'll leave this thread open if folks want to discuss the quick ascent of the young man with the microscopic WHIP -- Donovan Hand will be pitching in his home state while toiling for the Stars...

Congrats to Donovan Hand. A well deserved promotion. I was dissapointed to see Patrick Ryan passed over in favor of Jason Shiell. Hopefully for Patrick, he will get a mid-season promotion.

Hand is moving quickly through the system. Quicker than the eye, perhaps?

Didn't Jon Lucroy identify Hand as a guy he loved to catch? I think of him as a finesse pitcher, but I don't know that I have any idea what he throws.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

From the article we linked to today:

Hand said developing another pitch has been the key to his success this year.

"I had been getting by with my fastball and change-up, but I needed a slider," he said. "This year in spring training, I learned how to throw a good hard slider, and it has been my go-to pitch. That has been the biggest difference for me this year."

Archived