Brewer Fanatic

Dillard promoted from AAA, Gagne placed on 15-day DL

recte44
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any chance we can get Ron Rightenhauer back to pitch for us? Not sure I spelt his name correctly, but he was my favorite of the many replacement player pitchers that the Crew used back in the day.

Man... I thought Rightnowar was a legitimate member of that 95 team... I didn't think he crossed the line... did he?

One thing to consider about Dillard is that he was drafted as a catcher, so its possible that he has more development potential left in his arm than the average 24 year old.

Of course, we said the same about Wes Obermueller...

agreed. and his mound presence was pretty solid. i know that's not as important as getting the ball across the plate, but maybe for this team right now it is more important. hope he gets a few more chances to see if he can repeat what he did tonight...

The best thing of all about Dillard is that he's a former catcher, thus allowed Nedly the possibility of a triple switch, in which Dillard moves from pitcher to catcher, Kendall moves to first, Shouse comes in to face a lefty then Dillard moves back to the mound again afterward. And then of course Gwynn would play first after that.

Congrats to Dillard on his debut, a nice clean inning at that.

The best thing of all about Dillard is that he's a former catcher, thus allowed Nedly the possibility of a triple switch, in which Dillard moves from pitcher to catcher, Kendall moves to first, Shouse comes in to face a lefty then Dillard moves back to the mound again afterward. And then of course Gwynn would play first after that.

No smiley-face access for me right now, so suffice it to say that I think this is one of, if not the, funniest posts I've ever read here. Thanks for the laughs. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Glad to hear Dillard had some good results tonight. Need a bright spot, right?

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Dillard looked darn good tonight. Did he throw anything outside of fastballs? Im not a "huge" minor league guy, so what are his secondary pitches and how does he control them? If I recall correctly, his stats showed he has a tendancy to walk batters a little more than I would like. Again I just got a glimpse and don't recall what the stats were, but that was my thinking. He seems to have good control of that 95 mph fastball though, nice to see. Also his delivery is a little wierd IMO.

Dillard posted some good numbers as a starter at Brevard in 05 and Hunstville in 06. I recall someone saying that he projected as a reliever in the majors though. He didn't have huge strikeout totals and it was thought he would add velocity out of the pen.

Last year, his first at AAA, was kind of a transistion year from starter to reliever and he struggled some.

He's shown good control his entire career (not sure where gbpacker40 got the idea of control issues). He's walked just 2.01 per 9 innings in the minors.

Last night was a revelation. Consistenly in mid 90's throwing strikes. And the Brewers wasted a month with Turnbow? Sure it was mopup duty but he looked as poised as could be out there. Probably helps that he's nearly 25 and his dad was a major leaguer. That makes 3 now with Fielder, Gwynn and now Dillard.

Archived