Brewer Fanatic

Dillard promoted from AAA, Gagne placed on 15-day DL

recte44

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah probably Gagne to the DL, but ZachJack could be sent down too.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Why not Pena?

I suppose they'd have a better chance of getting Dillard to AAA off the 40-man than Pena.

They're both already on the 40 man, and they both have options correct?

I would think Dillard would get the call on better control and more consistent performance to date than Pena. I was kind of surprised he didn't get the call over Difelice earlier. I'm not so certain they won't send Difelice back so he can keep stretched out because they are contemplating something with Bush.

So how upset would everyone have been before the season if told that on May 23 the Brewer's bullpen would include Zach Jackson, DiFelice and Dillard? (Not to mention Villanueva - with McClung in the rotation)

So here's my solution to this problem. Gange to the DL, ZachJack to AAA, DiFelice to the rotation, McClung NOT starting (in the bullpen) and Dillard in the bullpen. Everyone's happy, and the Brewers actually are using their players the way they are supposed to.

---So here's my solution to this problem. Gange to the DL, ZachJack to AAA, DiFelice to the rotation, McClung NOT starting (in the bullpen) and Dillard in the bullpen. Everyone's happy, and the Brewers actually are using their players the way they are supposed to.

i am not sure this is exactly the way it's supposed to be, but i do know that the 2008 brewers are all about flaunting baseball covention. So this kind of straight forward intutive type of management will not be incorporated. It is seems likely that dillard moves to the rotation, zack jack stays in the pen, branyan keeps raking in AAA, counsell battles through injury and platoons with hall, gywn remains the rbi/dh option off the bench while we continue to hit and run with our pitchers and position them in the lineup so they bat in rbi situations.

The team announced that the corresponding player move would be announced later. You have to assume that they decided to put ailing closer Erig Gagne on the disabled list, but why they wouldn't announce that immediately, I don't know. Perhaps they're up to something else.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/archive/2008/05/23/brewers-summon-dillard.aspx

I tend to agree with the Prince of Darkness on this one; why not announce Gagne to the DL....unless something else is afoot?

Verified Member
This season is starting to remind of that season a few years ago when we had guys like that garbageman Joe Winklesas pitching for us. I am very concerned about how thin our pitching seems right now.

Archived