Brewer Fanatic

Kendall's numbers don't justify iron man duty

Much of Kendall's regression is just him coming back to the mean. I'd be all for getting him a day off once a week however, and try to make it before an off day when there is one.

If they picked up a solid backup, like Gerald Laird, it'd be simple. Rivera gets out so much, it's tough to like the options.

Laird's career numbers:

.251/.304/.382

Rivera's career numbers:

.242/.287.391

I really don't see a big differnce there given home parks

Our catchers under Ned have a history of getting off to good starts in the Spring, then after getting a similar "iron man" teatment, they tail off trememdously as the season goes along. Why would think that anything different would happen this year?

A few years ago people here were complaining about Moeller playing too much when we had just paid Miller to be an everyday catcher. His first year or two with the team he had a policy of 3 games to two. Last year Estrada played 120 games which was 5 more than he did hte year before. I don't remember him getting a bunch of days off later in the seaosn though it is possible my memory is off. I'm not sure what history you are looking at but it certainly wasn't a pattern of his entire time here.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived