Brewer Fanatic

4/2/07 Dodgers (Lowe) @ Brewers (Sheets): 1:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

billyhallfan, I'm gonna have to disagree with ya on this one. We were sitting in section 420 and I have to say that guy was hilarious. I don't think he was blocking the game that much from anyone, he just wanted to start the wave http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Those are the types of moments that set aside opening day from the rest of the season haha

Looking at the ESPN.com recap of the game, they listed the usual game notes...time of game, temperature, umpires, attendance, etc. What I found cool was that they actually listed the percentage of the capacity. Today Miller Park was 106.9% full. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Hopefully the Cappy of old comes to play tomorrow and not the Cappy after the All Star break and this spring. I have a great feeling about tomorrow, however the game that is a little worrisome is Wednesday when Schmidt pitches.

Quote:
AJAY,

I hope you aren't serious, that was so imature it was not even funny. I went to watch the game, now I see why some board members like Hawing and Jimbo don't go to Opening Day...

I am sure if that guy was blocking my view, I wouldn't be happy. But he looked really funny from a distance. I was about three or four sections away, and it was a hilarious reminder of what kind of weirdos you will see at Opening Day.

It was just one game, but the Brewers as a team made a statement about everything they have been building for as an organization and have been preaching about. Everything that was important to this teams success this year showed in today's game. Here are just some thoughts.

1. Great at-bats as a whole today. The Brewers made sure that Lowe was not going to pitch very long today by being extremely patient at the plate. Even when some hitters got down 0-2, 1-2 in the count, they ended up drawing a walk. They also hit the ball hard and the opposite way on a number of occasions. Jenkins even hit the ball hard off of a lefty.

2. I think a lineup with Hall in center and J.J. at short is the best for the team. Billy did a very good job at short last year, but the fluency with which J.J. plays the position is a thing of beauty, not to mention that Hall's jump off the bat on his diving catch was great as well and he was also close to robbing Kent's homerun.

3. Ben Sheets is our ace and made a statement as to why he is one of the best pitchers in MLB when healthy. Grest performance overall.

4. Johnny Estrada is going to be a major part of the teams success if he can continue hitting like he is capable. He looked good at the plate and even walked!

5. Milwaukee fans who booed Brady Clark were drunk and wrong in doing so. He got a big ovation before the game when the sober crowd was in the stadium. He was a hard worker who never complained and who overachieved with the Brewers. Don't hate a guy for being traded. It was strictly business.

I know this was only .61728395% of the season, but it was great to see the team get off to a good start. There was just a different vibe and atmosphere in the air today that is hard to describe, but seemed to say "we expect to win".

I only got to see the first two innings, so there is one man I would like to thank for the Brewers first two runs: Juan Pierre. Rickie Weeks should never had ended up getting to third base on JJ's hit in the 1st inning. And Hart should not have made it to second base in the 2nd inning on his "double." But I'll obviously take it - this time the Brewers' aggressive baserunning worked out. Nice win - let's keep it going.

Quote:
5. Milwaukee fans who booed Brady Clark were drunk and wrong in doing so. He got a big ovation before the game when the sober crowd was in the stadium. He was a hard worker who never complained and who overachieved with the Brewers. Don't hate a guy for being traded. It was strictly business.

Agreed 100% here... that really ticked my brother and I off. Brady deserved the pre-game ovation every time he came to the plate. I bet he gets cheered the next two games when the crowd isn't blitzed.

I love this board now more than ever. I went to the Dodger board and scrolled through their in game forum and I I will never complain again about stupid posters on Brewerfan. We are classy at our worst

Did you go to Dodgerblues.com? That site is purposely very sarcastic and they almost seem to enjoy it when the Dodgers struggle. If you did go there, then you noticed that the name of the general discussion forum was Brewers 16, Dodgers 1. It's been that way for a while now. They take BF.net reverse mojo to the extreme.

so, is it too early to think about a sweep?

Now everyone, please be careful this year. Last year brewerfan.net was ridiculed on espnews for a thread suggesting we try to trade for Santana.

had to work today, but my boss let me go home and watch the game on FSN. Brian Anderson had a decent Billy Hall HR call- could definitely be better. Had to go back to work though after. Who the hell cares, I got to watch it live!!

Can't wait to go to the game tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cappy.

Bill Schroeder said something good in the post game- saying that a win like this takes the pressure off of Cappy tomorrow- that now he doesn't have to worry about losing and having the Crew start the season 0-2. I see big things from Mench tomorrow.

No one has said anything about Hart at all today. I thought he had some nice wood on the ball and had great jumps on the ball in RF.

162-0 what a season.

No one has said anything about Hart at all today. I thought he had some nice wood on the ball and had great jumps on the ball in RF.
Someone probably did... it's a long thread. I think out of everybody, I was most impressed by J.J.'s play today.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

wow, I just got done reading some of the Dodger fans thread, I have never came accross so much human body part words as well as swear words on a message board, I have to say I'm glad that us bf.netters do not let things get that extreme

look at this, I won't repeat any of the words because I can't, 3rd and 4th page are basiclly where it is really bad!

www.dodgerblues.com/fanforum/nfphpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8273

First I would like to comment on those potty mouth Dodger Fans. Wow that message board has much more curse words then intelligent baseball talk. Second, I just finished watching the game on tape since I missed it. Wow Sheets looked great. Everything about the game was solid. Estrada is going to be the missing link I think, a catcher who can hit. Billy outstanding as always. Even Counsell had an RBI. Just very fun to watch. Lets keep it rolling boys!

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

now I see why some board members like Hawing and Jimbo don't go to Opening Day...

Yeah, that'd be about it. There's a thin line between hilarious and disruptive, and I know where my line is. After reading a few of these posts, part of me is simply hoping the park employees have all of the bodily fluids cleaned up before we get there on Tuesday. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Incidentally (and to end this post more positively), I wonder how Cappy and Co. will top today's on-field action. Result-wise, you could hardly ask for a better Opening Day.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I don't know if this has been brought up in this thread, but the LA Times' (Bill Plaschke) take on this game was the bad play of Pierre and Gonzalez. Plaschke mentions the quirkiness of Miller Park and Jeff Kent evidentally called MP "a bad investment of a ballpark." Maybe this is the Dodgers' take on the game, but Plaschke says that Ben Sheets wasn't the story of the game. Wow.

www.latimes.com/sports/la...ome-sports

Plaschke mentions the quirkiness of Miller Park and Jeff Kent evidentally called MP "a bad investment of a ballpark." Maybe this is the Dodgers' take on the game, but Plaschke says that Ben Sheets wasn't the story of the game. Wow.

0-1

Cry more Los Angeles.

Archived