Brewer Fanatic

Brewers inability to sweep under Yost

PaulRigdon
Verified Member

I am sorry but I am going to have to really vent now. I was reading the game wrapup on brewers.com and some of the quotes really got me furious.

"A sweep would be nice," said outfielder Corey Hart, whose fourth-inning solo home run gave Bush and the Brewers a 1-0 lead. "But any time you come here, especially for us, because this has been such a tough place for us to play, winning a series is all you can ask for."

"We really were talking about sweeping the series," Weeks said. "It didn't happen, but it feels good to get two out of three. Hopefully we do more from here."

Ladies and gentleman, this is the loser mindset that Ned Yost has instilled in our Brewers. I was very angry about yesterday's loss and it's absolutely pathetic when nobody in the locker room is quoted as being angry. Winning series sounds nice in theory, but in reality if you are going to get swept sometimes, you better sweep back. It's no wonder this franchise is never able to go the next level.

If I were manager and my players were talking and thinking this way, I would be in their face. It's been four seasons since we have swept anyone on the road and it's absolutely ridiculous. We can't even finish off the bad teams but yet the players seem too content.

I hate this.

AJAY,

You're right. That's a loser mentality that Yost has instilled in this team. I would be okay if they were talking like this after taking 2/3 at Fenway, but not in Pittsburgh. The complacency is unacceptable.

This is getting way off track. There's a vent thread for vents and a designated Yost thread for evaluating Ned's job performance.

If someone wants to approach the sweep thing objectively and statistically in a new thread, that's fine. However, I'd very strongly suggest leaving Yost out of it. Discussing him obscures the question of how the Brewers' sweeps record in recent years compares to what should be expected.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived