Brewer Fanatic

4/3/07 Dodgers (Wolf) @ Brewers (Capuano): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

Wow. I was just looking at the Dodger Blue forums, and wow is all i can say.

They are beating the pulp out of their team after 1 game. They bash decisions to put Lowe in opening day, and the whole team. Not to mention their sour language.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope the team can continue to use the opposite field and avoid the non-productive outs tonight. It was nice watching them advance runners and avoid key strikeouts (sans Fielder's first inning K). I think that's gonna be the key to this game and all year. I was glad to see them not swing out of their shoes at every ball.

Looking at ESPN, Wolf is 3-1 against the Brewers from 2002-2006. (I'd give you an ERA, but I don't feel like doing the math. His 3-year split ERA was just over 4). The team has managed to rough him up once or twice, but usually he's been pretty good.

Should be a fun one to watch tonight.

I agree Hall4pres

It was nice to see so many good ABs, productive outs. Halls RBI in the 1st, Counsells sac fly with Benny waiting on deck. I'm sure there were more that I don't remember.

When Hall goes to right like that, like his homer, it's a good sign for him(and us). Not to mention a pretty sight. I look for Billy to hit #2 tonight, since he RAKES lefties

I love this lineup. It's pretty great that we have the depth to give ourselves favorable matchups against lefties.

Having Mench, Estrada (switch hitter) and Graffy should really help our run production against left handers. While I understand that yesterday was just one game, I really think our offense is going to be pretty solid this year, and possible near the top of the league once we add Braun to the mix.

If Hardy can hit as well as I think he can, we really won't have a single liability in the lineup, even when a lefty is being thrown at us. When was the last time we could say that?

If Hardy can hit as well as I think he can, we really won't have a single liability in the lineup, even when a lefty is being thrown at us. When was the last time we could say that?

Craig Counsell is still a liability IMO

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Quote:
How long do we have to see this new approach at the plate before we can start to blame part of the past few years on Butch.

You know someone will - even though success might well be because of natural progression of younger guys or the favorable matchups that Jenkins and Mench get.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote:
How long do we have to see this new approach at the plate before we can start to blame part of the past few years on Butch.
At first, I thought this was some sort of cryptic shot at Brian Butch, and all i can say is I have no problem blaming him for the Brewer's previous hitting woes.

Curious to see how Fielder does in the 3 hole vs a solid lefty. I don't recall his splits last year, but if memory serves he was in quite a groove vs lefties for a stretch of the season. He seemed to relax and not over-swing. If he can make Wolfman work, it will set up Bill "I pound southpaws" Hall very nicely.

Hopefully Cappy gets a CG victory, and the 18 guys in the bullpen can relax one more day.

Not sure who commented about expecting Miller to play, but I'm guessing Miller will likely see action in day games after night games or night games before day games and possibly not much more.

I think Yost is also done assigning catchers to starters etc. That didnt work out to well when he did that with Moeller and Miller.

I wont be posting in this thread today, I dont have cable so I will be at the bar most, if not all night.

so far

Wisky and Coke = 1-0

Going to drink beer tonight.. not sure what kind yet http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

i hope we see the same approach all year from our hitters but i just don't see it happening. I think most teams come out of spring training preaching the fundamentals only to toss them aside after the first week. I looked up last years recap of opening day and there was a quote from Carlos about how everything "we worked on carried over for us today." It won't last but these sure are some pretty lineups even without a caballo lurking.

anyone know if there's a way to get free online audio for a regular season game?

Nope, but it's only $15 for the season (for all teams), so if you're going to need online access more than a couple times, it's not a bad deal.

Archived