Brewer Fanatic

4/3/07 Dodgers (Wolf) @ Brewers (Capuano): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
I think one of these days Davey is gonna smack her in the face with a fish..

That made me laugh out loud; not exactly sure why... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Another solid victory under the belt. Can't wait to see what Suppan can do tomorrow. I'm loving the functional turnbow 8th into the Coco 9th

My favorite moment in tonight's game...Turnbow's breaking stuff locking someone up again.

My least favorite...was that actually a walk to the opposing pitcher to load the bases?

I'm happy for Mench getting one out, attention all Mench haters, that ties his HR total for the Brewers last season, please keep wanting him gone for 50 cents and a burger.

Man, some Brewer Fan is just yelling his brains out. Do you think it's a BrewerFan.net regular? Hey, where's Hawing tonight?

Ah ha ha hah. It just so happens that it could have been any of four, count 'em, four other BF.net posters I saw at Tuesday's game. In alphabetical order by screen name:

brewerjamie15 (Did the noise sound like it came from the loge? Because that's where Jamie was sitting.)

Jimbo (and Mrs. Jimbo)

Robin19 (nice to finally meet you)

And the lurker whom some of us met at the winter meeting. I'm very sorry that I have forgotten your screen name.

You know what I thought was cool tonight? (besides the air inside the park, once they turned on the fans full blast and, as far as I could tell, completely turned off the heat)

The crowd was not only larger than usual for the 2nd home game, but it was a spirited crowd who clearly cared about the outcome. There was a terrace section who was clapping for Cappy from his first batter of the night. Everyone was rooting for Turnbow in the 8th. Not everyone booed Mench (and certainly not later in the game).

The park had a buzz that I've simply never seen in an April non-marquee game. Very cool.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Davey Nelson is straight up HORRIBLE in his new role with the Crew.. It's unfortunate, cuz I love Nelson. His stories kick some major ass. He sucks at analyzing though. I'm going to give him some time for now due to newness of job, but come on, can you seriously keep this guy on for 162 games? He really does have no communication skills whatsoever. Either do I, but you don't see me on the T.V. screen.

I bet he's out by 1/4 season.

The game tonight was great... although, I agree with the double switch putting Jenks in... why didn't he go to Right and not Mench?

The Chorizo was boo'd loudly as it won the sausage race.

Shouse deserved the win, he pitched the most important 2 pitches of the game. A hit there, all but ends it for the 'Crew.

From our seats (club level, behind home plate - gotta love free tix), it looked like Cappy was really being squeezed, but he was also behind 1-0 a LOT. He also got a ton of pop ups, that were going foul, out of play. He really was keeping the Dodgers off balance.

Amazing the adjustments the hitters made to Wolf the second time around. He was pounding the zone, so they went up there hacking, and hitting line drives all over the place.

2-0. I'm glad.

Now the question is... do I go tomorrow to watch the sweep, or not?

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Davey will learn after a few weeks I'm sure, if he's still discombobulated then maybe they'll have to do a change. He looks uncomfortable. But i will say, they need to fix their stupid mics. Every time someone said a P it freaking popped and annoyed the crap out of me.

Davey Nelson is straight up HORRIBLE in his new role with the Crew.. It's unfortunate, cuz I love Nelson. His stories kick some major ass.
I think part of this is that he doesn't seem to mesh very well with Ann Carroll. I hope this corrected. Under the right circumstances, I think Davey can be fine.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

just got back from the b ar.... had to sleep in my car....

j/k

Since Jenks and Kevin are splitting time you would think they wouldnt be to happy with each other, yet at the end of the game they were smiling bumping in to each other http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

yeah im going to go though and read this whole threadhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived