Brewer Fanatic

Ebay Problem. Suggestions? Update.

bobbledude25
I mailed this guy on ebay a money order for an item for $67 back in April. After not getting any type of response, I get an email from the guy that he went out of business. He said he would be sending the cash back from the money order last week. Of course, I still have no money. I reported him to Ebay and that Trust & Safety Team or whatever but seriously what good does that do? I've tryed calling him and surprise surprise no response. I have all of his contact information including email and phone number. His ebay id is: mrbillclark. There have been about 8 negative feedbacks left in a row now so its not only me. I obviously want my money back. What do I do? Call the cops where he lives or something?

You would have to go through his local police force. It would not hurt to file a report, if nothing else, he may not have the funds to pay everyone, so he would be more likely to pay you first.

How would I go about doing that?

Use the number he gave you to figure out what city he lives in. File a report with the police department. More then likely if you are the only one they arent going to waste much effort for $67. Since you have a report now you could file a claim in small claims. To be honest though, the hassle and $$ will not really make it worth it. Chalk it up to life experience if you dont get any response from him. From now one pay through Pay Pal, they have some coverage through that. Another piece of advice, if you still have the receipt for the Money Order, see if you can get it canceled, more then likely it was cashed but you may get lucky.

Guess what I just got in the mail today. My original money order that I sent to him. So now, I had already filled out the front w/his address and all and signed it as being the purchaser. Now on the back he wrote: Pay to the order of (my name) and he then signed it. Is this going to work?

It should work but if it doesn't since the money order hasn't been cashed you can cancel the money order. There is a fee for that but you'll at least get some of your money back.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived