Brewer Fanatic

Anybody see the new Indiana Jones movie yet?

berniebrewer4life

Just got back from it, and boy am i pissed. IMO Lucas messed up another movie from a great line of movies. It had some great parts to it. They stayed true to the Indy style of filming for the most part, and there were some great lines. However, there was no character development(not even with the new characters), not much plot, VERY little action and the ending. Oh lord the ending...

Spoiler below in white text:

Aliens George, really? Freakin Aliens? How dare you sir.

I waited almost 20 years for this. Ugh, atleast Get Smart is coming out in a month.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

All in all, it wasn't as bad as Episode 1. It was lacking as a movie in my opinion, but Ford, LaBeouf and Winstone were all good, as was John Hurt (not a surprise). All in all though, I was underwhelmed, it had some good moments and some great comedy as Ford and LaBeouf had good on-screen chemistry, but I felt the ending a bit anti-climatic and rushed. Further notes below in white:

"Aliens?" is kind of what I thought too, though, they were more or less following one of the actual belief systems surrounding the real crystal skull(s), I just thought the ending was lazy and was somewhat irked that Indy et al weren't rewarded in any way. Although I suppose one would argue that his finding and then marrying Marian and also discovering he had a son was Indy's reward, in the first three, Indy received the Ark in the first, returned the stone to the villagers in the second (along with all of their children, receiving gratitude) and was able to save his dad in the third. It's just that they made such a big deal out of receiving a 'reward' for returning the skull, that they didn't really get anything was a downer for me...anywho, I saw it for free and did so whilst drinking Captain and Cokes as my buddy owns the theater so I've wasted 2 hours in worse ways. Here's to looking forward to Hancock, The Happening, Get Smart and Dark Knight, all of which appear to be pretty good. Was the trailer for Kung-Fu Panda on before the one you saw? I must admit to laughing quite a bit to it, especially the last seen where Jack Black drops the "Ski-doosh" line with the belly bump to his adversary.

I saw it at midnight last night and I had never seen another Indiana Jones movie before. I thought it was pretty cool; I would agree that the ending was slow and surely weird. Overall, I thought it was a fairly enjoyable experience.

I had never seen another Indiana Jones movie before.

Blasphemy!!!

There were defiinitely some references to the other movies in this one. You should at least see Raiders of the Lost Ark, also, The Last Crusade was good. I thought Temple of Doom was the weekest (friggin' Spielberg had to put his wife in it, ah nepotism). You need to see them Tailgat0r.

Temple of Doom was the weekest (friggin' Spielberg had to put his wife in it, ah nepotism). You need to see them Tailgat0r.

Actually, she wasn't his wife at that point. That's where Spielberg had met her and they didn't get married until about seven years later. And while Temple isn't as good as Raiders or Crusade, it's still a good movie. I think it takes too much criticism, it's better than most sequels (though technically it was a prequel).

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

All of the sequels are at least a notch below Raiders.

I prefer Temple to Last Crusade. Last Crusade does have Sean Connery, but only the tank scene is a notable action set piece, there's not much atmosphere, returning competent characters are turned into comic relief, the girl is forgettable, and so is the main villain. Temple at least has atmosphere, a menacing villain, and it gets so much better if you think of it as a sequel to Gunga Din as well as an Indiana Jones adventure.

Robert

George Lucas, for the love of god, please stop making movies. You threw up cheese all over a great series you managed to not mess up for 3 movies. I new record for you. I personally am let down big time, it's like Episode 1. Starts out aight, ends not awesome.

I didn't have as much problem with the aliens as much as all the stupid cheese that was put into it. The swigning from vines scene. Stupid. The 3 times plummeting down stupid. All and all I was very disapointed.

For me, The Last Crusade was the best, followed by Raiders. I really like Ford's Indiana Jones character and style. The new movie will start screening Friday night over here and I'll be watching. Hopefully it's not too disappointing.

BTW, for those who wrote the spoiler in white text, I can still read every word of it... I think Indiana Jones movies tend to be unbelievable and here's hoping that Get Smart and Dark Knight are better.

Dark Knight has to be better, Lucas isn't involved.

It's a big disapointment, it's the Episode 1 of the Indy Series. Jar Jar binks took a giant dump all over the film. Seriously, don't go see it , it will only encourage Lucas to make more movies.

Temple of Doom has always been my favorite. Maybe because we had the tape at home when I was younger and I watched it all the time. I'll have to watch the other two over again and reevaluate.

Are you my brother? It was the same in my household growing up. My dad owned Temple of Doom on VHS, but not the other two movies. To this day I can quote Temple of Doom all the way from start to finish. It wasn't until I sat down and watched the other two movies that I realized what I was missing. They are all great in their own little way. "You call him Dr. Jones".

OK, just got back from the showing and the Benjamin Button film looks pretty amazing.

Indy 4 was meh. I thought it was really cheesy/campy at the beginning. Very run-of-the-mill adventure movie.

It started to pick up steam as it went along, but it was just too out there for me.

I can buy Nazi's aging 1,000 years in a couple seconds and invisible bridges, but aliens is where you lose me.

3TO Apostle

Thanks alot sgtcluels, now I'll be checking every post for the mysterious "white text" for the hidden message. I saw the movie last night and also was not impressed. Nothing much more to add.

Up until the skull started talking it was a solid film, CGI prairie dogs notwithstanding. After that it just became a CGI filled mess that found a way to waste talents like Ray Winstone, John Hurt and Cate Blanchett. Even just cutting the Tarzan scene would have helped a ton in the long run.

Not sure why so much hate for Episode I, as Episode II was by far the worst of the prequels.

Also not sure why people are excited about Get Smart, that thing has bomb written all over it. Hellboy II and Tropic Thunder are easily my two most anticipated summer movies, with Wanted a distant third.

I didn't like it as well for most of the reasons already said. To much bad CGI, somewhat boring, Horrible ending, and a poor poor artifact to be chasing.

More in Gray

He destroys 5,000 years of historical artifacts and we are supposed to be happy? Plus when they make Indiana out to be a fool. Would you ever trust a guy that pulls a gun on you behind your back when you have the upper hand? Maybe you don't kill the guy but I would definitely leave him behind.

Katuluu wrote:

Also not sure why people are excited about Get Smart, that thing has bomb written all over it.

Because we remember a tv show we grew up loving(granted, for me it was reruns in the 80s) and are hoping for the best. Same with the Indiana Jones movie.

Hellboy II and Tropic Thunder are easily my two most anticipated summer movies, with Wanted a distant third.

That looks to me like a movie that will do well in the box office, but not be that great.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Archived