Brewer Fanatic

5/22/08 Brewers (Bush) at Pirates (Gorzelanny): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This team will never, ever get a road sweep again. So it is written.

To win three straight games in another team's park, a team has to run out three decent starters in a row. Not an easy thing for the Brewers to do.

Prince is a huge liability on defense, he cannot play first base and I don't see him ever being able to. He can't field, he can't throw, he can't pick up short-hops on throws, he can't make quality spontaneous decisions, and his complete lack of size hurts our entire infield because if any throw is off at all...he can only make a small stretch. He is quite clearly a future DH.........

It is kind of interesting how quickly there has gotten to be a not-at-all subtle anti-Prince vibe in the fan base. And it's not just a vibe that is native to this forum.

In general, I don't think Wisconsin sports fans tolerate players complaining about their contracts and then following up the complaints with a slow start. I still think he's a very good player, but he's been incredibly frustrating to watch on this road trip.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

It is kind of interesting how quickly there has gotten to be a not-at-all subtle anti-Prince vibe in the fan base. And it's not just a vibe that is native to this forum.

Yes, so true.

I think it is because he does not seem to be...from our far off perspective..in the game.

The bad decisions, poor play, obvious body language, give concern to many.

My god this guy has 17 BB's and 11 K's, yet his opponent average is .192, be patient!

When Houston blew their chance at the Cubs on Monday night, Marmol shut down a rally by never throwing a strike. Funny how that works for certain guys. John Franco never threw a strike in his life, either.

pebadger. Yeah but I don't know if it's unexpected because he is playing like crap. It is interesting though. His defense didn't seem like a problem last year and now it is glaring. Maybe hitting 50 hid that. I thought his defense was better last year. Some blog I never heard of and some of talk radio are acting like it's racism. That I do not see. I would say it's:

a. Prince is not playing well.

b. Braun signed and people figure Prince won't stay because of Boras.

1b. Prince complained about his contract.

c. Vegetarianism.

Archived