Brewer Fanatic

5/22/08 Brewers (Bush) at Pirates (Gorzelanny): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and so, who would you start?

I saw this coming, and I don't have an answer. But if you are throwing out a starter with the intention of giving him 4+ innings and a ridiculously low pitch count, whats the point?

Lapril: You could have DiFlice, or Villy pitch..Whats the point of limiting your STARTER to 80 pitches in a game...sounds like a bullpen buster IF he does amazing.

It's funny, because you know (If McClung is limited to that) Seth will probably only make it about 4, maybe 5 innings, so Villanueva will probably pitch the next 2-4. All they're doing is switching around the order that they pitch, so apparently that'll help Villanueva.

Well there's the first real hit of the game.

McClung pretty much has to be limited to that amount because he hasn't been stretched out to start. If he had the benefit of making a couple starts in Nashville before getting his chance in the rotation, they probably wouldn't be limiting him (one of the reasons why I don't know why they didn't just give Weaver a start, but the results would probably end up being the same as a McClung start anyway).

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived