Brewer Fanatic

Since Ryan Braun's debut... MLB rankings

LUKE232323
That is a pretty weak correlation. It is basically irrelevant.

I disagree. The correlation is obvious; there is a distinct trend between low walk rates and Outside Swing Percentage.

Then why is the correlation factor so low?

Its really hard to say the Braun causes the Brewers to go 26-8. 2 wins is a huge amount in 6 weeks even given that Counsell and Graffanino stunk offensively and its really hard given that the Brewers were really near the limit as to how well any team can play over that span.

We were 28-20 when Braun was called up, not 24-10.

That is a pretty weak correlation. It is basically irrelevant.

I disagree. The correlation is obvious; there is a distinct trend between low walk rates and Outside Swing Percentage.

The correlation is obvious, but not noteworthy. The more a player swings outside of the zone, the less they walk. No need for a graph to prove that.

I was wondering if I was being a little to hard on Braun about his LHP splits last year. Lets just say that mostly because of his SLG they are freakish in nature. 245 points of OPS higher than the next closest person. 40 points of BA. Only 16 points of OBP. 201 points of SLG.

LHP splits

RHP splits

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

rluzinski wrote:

Statistically speaking, one year's worth of any split is basically irrelevant. Better of assuming a league average platoon split.

I was just trying to put his split into some sort of context. It is like comparing Gabe Gross' overall OPS to Fielder's OPS last year. That's how far out Braun's LHP split was ahead of the next closest platoon split.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived