Brewer Fanatic

Memorial Day plans and food ideas

dadofandrew

My family looks to be at home this weekend, and while we do not have any "big plans", we would be open to a day trip. Wondering what thoughts are out there.

Also, anything out of the ordinary for a picnic/grill would be appreciated.

I saw the bratfest was this weekend, but figured the boy would be bored quickly. Currently thinking of the Appleton Kids' Museum.

I don't know about your kids or anything but going to a museum on the weekend was one of the last things I wanted to do when I was a kid. A field trip to get out of school, sure, not on the weekend though.

I saw the bratfest was this weekend, but figured the boy would be bored quickly.

Now that they've added lots of kid-friendly activities, he may not get bored as quickly as you'd think. I know they have a carnival like midway with games and rides, plus there is a rock wall and kayaking for kids to try.

I've never been there, so I only speak of what I've read and heard from others.

http://www.bratfest.com/highlights.php

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I don't know about your kids or anything but going to a museum on the weekend was one of the last things I wanted to do when I was a kid.

It's a children's museum. My kids thoroughly enjoyed the one in Appleton up to about age 8. Dress up like a fireman and 'drive' a fire truck, operate a crane etc. Lot's of hands on, interactive stuff to do.

Going camping in the middle of Nicolet National Forest about 4 hours north of Milwaukee. 3 nights with 7 guys, lots of beer, fishing, and cribbage. We will be eating smoked ribs and cooking a turkey in a man-made outdoor oven that cooks in about 2 hours and is beyond delicious. And the weather is looking good, if you can trust the weathermen that is.

Going camping in the middle of Nicolet National Forest about 4 hours north of Milwaukee.

I went camping up there once. My dad lives about 20 minutes away. It was a pretty good time.

Archived