Brewer Fanatic

Strange RPI fact - strength of schedule

NYChez

This year the Brewers have the #1 strength of schedule in MLB - not surprising considering that we've played 6 at Wrigley, 3 at Fenway, 9 vs. StL, etc.

I did not know that under the same measure, the Brewers had the weakest strength of schedule in MLB in 2007.

Is it possible that this team is as good as last year's team but we're just getting overwhelmed by the most talented teams (not to mention seeming to catch every team's ace)?

In spite of the results, I think the team competed very well in Fenway and seems to be on the upswing if they can figure out who's going to pitch the 9th. Even with the rumor mill swirling, I sense no panic in the players. Especially after last year's experience, I think they realize that when the schedule gets a little more reasonable, they can do the opposite of what they did last year (come back from 8 games back instead of losing an 8 game lead).

Archived