Brewer Fanatic

David v David

FVBrewerFan
Ok all you closet Idol fans....which David wins tonight? I predict an upset- Cook over Arch. I think either way both will have successful careers. Arch can sell records immediately to the tween girls, and Cook can put together a nice Alt Rock band.

I, too, am in that 1%. I seriously thought this was a thread in similar fashion to a "David-vs.-Goliath" type sporting event.

But, to contribute to the thread I'll just make a wild guess and say David Arch will win. Rationale is because I like Arches National Park a lot and cooks are overrated.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I believe you guys, but it's funny to me that Idol is the #1 rated TV show yet nobody from BF watches it. If nothing else, it's part of our culture and it wouldn't hurt to know a little bit about what's going on out there that millions are interested in.

I only knew the finals were now or soonish because American Idol encroaches onto the beginning of my DVR of Hell's Kitchen. Bunch of jerks.

I'll go with... David. And I will guarantee I won't remember who won at this time next year. The only person I can recall who won it was Taylor Hicks... that's only because he's goofy looking.

More power to you if you enjoy it. I would just assume not let the rest of America decide who I listen to. The kids have terrible taste.

Who that has won the show really has gone on to pop "superstardom" from this show?

Kelly Clarkson (Season 1), Carrie Underwood (Season 4), and Jordin Sparks (Season 6) won American Idol are all pretty popular, the first two moreso than Jordan. Other notables who have not won include, Blake Lewis, Elliot Yamin, Clay Aiken, Kelly Pickler, and Chris Daughtry.

I did watch the show last night and I would regrettably have to say that Archuleta performed better. I've been a Cook fan since the beginning and if iTunes says anything, he will be the more successful singer in his career, but Archuleta seems to be the one with a strong hold on this competition. This year has been the most talented of all the years, by far.

If anyone is into pop-rock style, I would really suggest listening to some of David Cook's songs. He has done some pretty awsome covers of Billy Jean (Michael Jackson), Baba O'Reilly (The Who), Eleanor Rigby (The Beatles), I'm Alive (Neil Diamond0, Innocent (Our Lady Peace), Always Be My Baby (Miriah Carey... I know), and I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (U2).

I wont tell people they should/shouldn't watch it, and people really shouldn't scoff at people who do watch it. and just for the record, i watch idol and will continue to watch idol. lol. archuletta will win, which disappoints me because i have been a cook fan (also a big brooke fan) for a while.

as far as the comment about the rest of america deciding who you are listening to - i dont get that statement at all. you can listen to whoever you want. you dont have to watch the show. if you think music today stinks, listen to the older stuff or other stuff that interests you. i personally dont listen to much new music either because i think much of it is awful, but american idol actually features most songs that aren't new. several awesome songs from 10, 20, 30, 40+ years ago are sang every year and sang well.

all american idol does is fill up a time slot 2 days a week, puts a few different records on the billboard charts every year, and gives some people something to talk about at the water cooler or at the dinner table. it doesn't force anyone to listen to anything...

also, zzzman, i think this year was hyped all along to be the best year ever (talent wise), but i think it fell WAY short of expectations. i remember back when it was the top 12 and thinking holy cow, like 5 different people have a chance to win and 5 more people are awesome. and within 3 weeks, most seemed just average and only 1-2 people had any chance whatsoever. very disappointing to me in the end...

I would agree that over the last few weeks it was inevitable that it would be a David vs. David final, but I do believe that any of Jason Castro, Michael Johns, Sayesha Mercado, Carly Smithson, Brooke White, and even Chikezie could have won seasons 2, 3, and 5. You can't say that the rest of the field wasn't talented just because Cook and Archuleta were that much better. I truly believe that this years winner will only come second to Kelly Clarkson in level of success (if David Cook wins, he may pass KC).

I think that Archuleta deserves to win based on last night, but Cook will have a longer stronger career IMO. The problem for me with Cook is that I have no desire to hear him sing original music, I just like the way he covers songs. I don't really care either way. I enjoy AI once it gets to the competition, I don't really enjoy the William Hung characters. The popular show that escapes me is Dancing With the Stars. No interest whatsoever.

Who that has won the show really has gone on to pop "superstardom" from this show?

Kelly Clarkson (Season 1), Carrie Underwood (Season 4), and Jordin Sparks (Season 6) won American Idol are all pretty popular, the first two moreso than Jordan. Other notables who have not won include, Blake Lewis, Elliot Yamin, Clay Aiken, Kelly Pickler, and Chris Daughtry.

I'm not talking about pretty popular....I'm talking about being a pop superstar....one with staying power. That was the sell from the beginning. Take a no one and make them the biggest thing in the world. Clarkson was alright.....Underwood is more country than pop. Usually, the winner of the competition is (or should be) the best, yet you listed more under the "did not win" category than the winner. Just wake me when the whole thing is over.

I can honestly say that I had no idea that this show was still going on or that they were even at this point. I may be one of the 1% that has never seen this show.

Same here. I don't like karaoke in bars, i sure as heck don't want to watch it on tv.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

I'm not talking about pretty popular....I'm talking about being a pop superstar....one with staying power. That was the sell from the beginning. Take a no one and make them the biggest thing in the world. Clarkson was alright.....Underwood is more country than pop. Usually, the winner of the competition is (or should be) the best, yet you listed more under the "did not win" category than the winner. Just wake me when the whole thing is over.

I don't remember AI ever claiming to take a nobody and making them the biggest pop star with staying power for years and years. In fact, who is (or was) the last perosn or group you would call a superstar? I think you have to go back to the 80s. But Clarkson, Underwood, even Daughtry (sp) are very popular for their demographic. (I couldn't name a song by any of them.)

Hey, I don't even watch it every week. I DVR and scan through it for the most part. Frankly, I watched off and on since Season 1, just so I knew what the heck everyone was talking about.

I know the young girls love Archuleta, but I can't for the life of me imagine what kind of record he could make that anyone in the 12-25 set would buy and listen to. Other than Idol shows, how many 14 year olds do you know that listen to Elton John or Andrew Lloyd Webber. There's no doubting he has a good voice, but I can't imagine what kind of mass appeal he'll have - kind of like Clay or Reuben or Taylor Hicks.

This was the equivalent of the Giants beating the Patriots (I thought Arch. would win).

To compare the two, Cook is like a college pitcher - more polished and ready for the show while Archuleta is like a HS pitcher, lots of raw potential, but needing time to hone his tools.

but I can't imagine what kind of mass appeal he'll have - kind of like Clay or Reuben or Taylor Hicks.

oh, come on now! Taylor Hicks had MASS appeal what with that Ford commercial that was played every other 30 seconds on most TV broadcasts! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif (Or was it for Chevy?)

man, that commercial got to be annoying by about the 2nd time I heard it.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived