Brewer Fanatic

5/21/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Pirates (Snell): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that was certainly an ace-like performance!

Awesome. a true scattering of 11 hits.

122nd penultimate pitch was 94mph.

I am going to say - for the 2nd consecutive night - that Ned Yost did nothing wrong tonight. I know, shocking.

But I reserve the right to retract that statement 5 days from now when Benny is gassed in the 5th inning. Or during a critical September start when dead arm sets in in earnest.

I think at this point we can assume that the Gagne shoulder concerns are real. It would actually help explain a bit why he's struggled so much.

So you are saying that Boston also missed his shoulder problems? I love ya but Gagne just sucks. I hope he takes a 5 month sabbatical.

Anybody see the DP ball? It sounds like Rickie Weeks could have had Ben Sheets out of here eight pitches ago.

Heeey! Struck 'im out swinging!

Heck of a game, here. I approve.

He double clutched and then threw high to Prince. But the inning before, he got the DP and saved a potential run by reacting great to a wicked hop behind him. So, I believe more than evened out for tonight.

The Brewers can now exercise two demons tomorrow with a win. Road sweep AT PNC.

That'd be pretty sweet, but I don't know if the baseball world would be ready for that. It might create a black hole in the baseball universe where all that is wrong becomes right.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Wow, of the 7 pitches Sheets threw to that last batter, 5 where curves. The other pitches were two fastballs that registered in at 95 and 96 MPH!

Certainly seems to indicate that 120+ pitches was no problem for him tonight.

So you are saying that Boston also missed his shoulder problems? I love ya but Gagne just sucks. I hope he takes a 5 month sabbatical.

It's certainly possible. I don't know why people just heap on the guy -- he could have some problems, and the Brewers are being extra-careful with their $10M guy. I'm sure we'd hear the roars of anger if they didn't check it out & he got injured... for the same reason -- $10M. Well, that, and the fact that people are negative towards him now bc he hasn't been good... at $10M.

Just because the fans don't think they saw anything wrong doesn't mean that everything's ok. I'm willing to at least wait on them checking out his shoulder.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

TLB. I am sure you would hear no cries from the fans for not getting him checked out. Fine. Check him out and then say he has a peculiar mite disease that has affected his pitching and will put him on the 60 day DL. It sucks for a team like us to eat 10M. I say do it. It was a terrible signing. Or maybe he could be a ROOGY.

It is really going to suck if we lose Sheets after this year. He's the only pitcher that you're extremely confident will get you the win when he's on the mound.

What? No. Sheets doesn't know how to win. He's not a winner, I mean look at 2004. He posted a 2.70 ERA and still only went 12-14. He's a career loser.

Sarcasm.

A paltry 8805 in attendance. I actually feel bad for the Pirates http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Seriously, the Brewers' low-water attendance mark this year (to date) is 23905.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I don't know if this is really the right place for this because it doesn't really warrant its own thread, but did anyone else see the Padres/Cardinals highlights? Pujols is batting and hits a line drive that ricochets off Chris Young's face. Fortunately it only hit him in the nose, but it was bleeding profusely and he was on the ground for several minutes and Pujols obviously looked quite concerned. He got to first on the single, and a couple batters later he's running home and slides, only his foot gets caught with Josh Bard's ankle and it looked pretty nasty, and Bard had to leave the game. Albert sounded very shooken up during the interview and basically said he couldn't even concentrate afterwards, I can't even imagine how awful he feels, talk about terrible luck.

Archived