Brewer Fanatic

Gagne "injury" (Reply #68: rotator cuff tendonitis)

Why is he not on the DL already? This is really bugging me. Perfect chance to get him a few innings in the minors. I know pitching is short, but may as well give Pena or someone a chance rather than Gagne right now.

I'm apt to agree but it sounds like they're not expecting him to rest more than a few days.

Of course, we've heard that before.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is one of those infamous cases of "addition by subtraction."

I have one question . . . with the Brewers past history of bullpen and bench player use, why in the world wouldn't the Brewers DL Gagne? Are the Brewers so good that they've decided that they can win with one less player than everyone else? Is Ned such a genius that he doesn't need a full roster? Or has Doug evaluated the situation and decided that one more player is just one more thing to clutter Ned's already overextended mind? Worst case scenario - Gagne goes to the DL, gets better sooner than the 15 days and the Brewers are unable to use him - I'm pretty sure that the Brewers can find someone else to give up 2 runs before getting pulled in the ninth. Maybe the Brewers could bring up Turnbow - that way it would be like Gagne never left.

Edit - I apologize, it apears that I had more than one question.

Because they don't have anyone they feel good about brining up anyway. If they did Jackson wouldn't be on the team right now.

Wasn't Jackson brought up because he is a lefty? Why not bring up Pena who seems like he is pitching well after one rough outing?

gagne may yet be of good use to the brewers--if he can be really/is healthy. unfortunately this has a smell to it that the organization may be hiding something about him.

and i agree that a haircut and shave (maybe into a nasty gotee) would help.

Archived